+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Worst signing may well be Stewart. The first, second and third time.
    Paul Bernard @ £1 million pounds ?

Hernandez @ £800k.....two different stories mind.

There are different kinds of " worst signing ever " ??

Oh, this one oculd run and run ..................

A few more for the greatest hits list

Adam Collin
    Alan Tate
    Greg Tansey
    Miles Storey
    Ryan McLoughlin
    Chidi Nwakali

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    A few more for the greatest hits list

Adam Collin
    Alan Tate
    Greg Tansey
    Miles Storey
    Ryan McLoughlin
    Chidi Nwakali
    Change the competition slightly, who was worst out of the worst signings...

Defender - Alan Tate OR Calum Morris OR Mikey Devlin
    Defensive midfielder - Greg Tansey OR Stephen Gleeson OR Funso Ojo
    Right Back - Ryan McLoughlin OR Ronald Hernandez OR Greg Halford
    Winger - Andrew Driver OR Gregg Wylde OR Jeffrey Monakana
    Forward - Nicky Maynard OR Stevie May OR Curtis Main OR Calvin Zola OR Miles Storey OR Greg Stewart

You could pick two or three whole starting 11s of utterly horrendous players from the McInnes era quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Change the competition slightly, who was worst out of the worst signings...

Defender - Alan Tate OR Calum Morris OR Mikey Devlin
    Defensive midfielder - Greg Tansey OR Stephen Gleeson OR Funso Ojo
    Right Back - Ryan McLoughlin OR Ronald Hernandez OR Greg Halford
    Winger - Andrew Driver OR Gregg Wylde OR Jeffrey Monakana
    Forward - Nicky Maynard OR Stevie May OR Curtis Main OR Calvin Zola OR Miles Storey OR Greg Stewart

You could pick two or three whole starting 11s of utterly horrendous players from the McInnes era quite easily.
    Oh dear not great is it. Still I'll go with Calum Morris as he never played then Tansey as he hardly ever played and when he did play was worse than Gleeson & Ojo. RB Greg Halford - see Tansey Winger Driver as at least expected him to do something Forward has to be Maynard for the abysmal record, although I remember Storey missing from an inch out at the Beach end, shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Maynard?
    Thank you. Damned if I could remember his name

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m no fan of Cosgrove but he’s far from being the worst McIness signing.
    Exactly. Utterly ridiculous statement. A £20k signing who’s had two 20 goal seasons and will make us seven figures when he goes. Yep, sounds dreadful.

Your entitled to think he’s shyte BUS, it’s your opinion and that’s fair enough, but to say he’s DM’s worst signing is clearly nonsense min. Just look at the list of complete abortions noted above.

We’d be league champions if Cosgrove was his worst signing...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 22-01-2021 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Exactly. Utterly ridiculous statement. A £20k signing who’s had two 20 goal seasons and will make us seven figures when he goes. Yep, sounds dreadful.

Your entitled to think he’s shyte BUS, it’s your opinion and that’s fair enough, but to say he’s DM’s worst signing is clearly nonsense min. Just look at the list of complete abortions noted above.

We’d be league champions if Cosgrove was his worst signing...
    There was another horrendous striker who I can only remember as the donkey DM picked that potentially cost us the league the season we won our first 8 games. Rooney and the rapist were on fire, we’d just pumped Farts at Tynecastle then for some reason they were both benched away to ICT and we lost 2-1 I think. To this day I blame that decision for the season going wrong (think we lost about 5 in a row on the back of it).

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    There was another horrendous striker who I can only remember as the donkey DM picked that potentially cost us the league the season we won our first 8 games. Rooney and the rapist were on fire, we’d just pumped Farts at Tynecastle then for some reason they were both benched away to ICT and we lost 2-1 I think. To this day I blame that decision for the season going wrong (think we lost about 5 in a row on the back of it).
    It was Josh Parker

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Nope. i have nothing against the donkey personally I just think he is fkn sh1te, and should never have been signed by McHunis and to end up with that as our main "striker" is fkn awful for our club, it shows the level of "ambtion" (cough cough) that we are showing.
    Considine is sh1te there is disputing that, he's been at the club for ages and should have been binned years ago, unfortunately I guess because of loyalty and sentiment then no manager has had the balls to bin him McHuns on the other hand should be signing better quality than he consistently does and if he was to do that then by de-fault Considine would find himself bench warming.
    As for donkey probably the worst ever signing McHunis has made for us, fkn disgraceful.
    Late reply but I’ve had a busy day.

I’m no fan of Cosgrove and I wish he went to that French team in the summer but he is a long way off being McInnes worst signing.

At the end of the day he was bought for £20k from Carlisle reserves and has scored 47 goals in 100 games,yes his general play is horrendous but you are never going to get a complete striker from Carlisle United reserves.

If we sell him for £1million he has been a good signing,that’s what we should be doing as a club.Buy young players and sell them on for a profit.

Personally if we sell him next week I would use the money to buy Watkins even though he is injured but he will probably buy the boy Stewart from Ross County and I get the feeling he isn’t much better than Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Late reply but I’ve had a busy day.

I’m no fan of Cosgrove and I wish he went to that French team in the summer but he is a long way off being McInnes worst signing.

At the end of the day he was bought for £20k from Carlisle reserves and has scored 47 goals in 100 games,yes his general play is horrendous but you are never going to get a complete striker from Carlisle United reserves.

If we sell him for £1million he has been a good signing,that’s what we should be doing as a club.Buy young players and sell them on for a profit.

Personally if we sell him next week I would use the money to buy Watkins even though he is injured but he will probably buy the boy Stewart from Ross County and I get the feeling he isn’t much better than Cosgrove.
    We should sell him next week for anything we get offered as his value is only going down between now and the end of the season. We should also not allow McInnes to spend any of it, because he's more than likely out the door in the summer. Better to just bank the cash. This season's screwed anyway. Cosgrove has chipped in with a good return of goals - not entirely sure how as he's absolutely rotten, but I don't see him scoring many in the remainder of the season if he stays.

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast