+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Ogren....

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem £100k don't even have to pay it back😄
    Sounds like something the Westminster Government would administering

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I got £500 mate,that's all i asked for and its in the bank today.
    That's good mate you deserve it...hope you didn't threaten to withdraw your support to get the money 😄😄😄

can someone explain to me the reasons for our apparent "worse than others" covid financial crisis?

I'm not criticising but just ignorant of why we are suffering worse than others.

How does a club with a championship standard squad end up the worst hit club after promotion or is that oversimplification ?

Quote Originally Posted by tanandblack View Post
    can someone explain to me the reasons for our apparent "worse than others" covid financial crisis?

I'm not criticising but just ignorant of why we are suffering worse than others.

How does a club with a championship standard squad end up the worst hit club after promotion or is that oversimplification ?
    We’re not the ‘worst off’. Tom English and his other Sportsound cronies have decided we are but that don’t make it so. They’ve bizarrely been giving Killie very little attention for instance, amongst others.

We overspent trying to win the Championship. We had a 133% wages to turnover ratio which resulted in a £3.7M loss. We have an owner and Sporting Director who know nothing about running a football club, they gambled thinking they could sell players for millions and it backfired.

As for Killie, they recorded a £125K profit last year.

...with a championship standard squad...
    We, as fans, need to get away from this notion. The club invested heavily to get promoted, probably paying Premiership wages to a fair few players in order to achieve that (which we did by a distance). It wasn't then and isn't now a 'Championship' squad and our performance this season proves that.

It may be pretty much the same squad as we had in the Championship but that doesn't make it that level of squad.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We overspent trying to win the Championship. We had a 133% wages to turnover ratio which resulted in a £3.7M loss. We have an owner and Sporting Director who know nothing about running a football club, they gambled thinking they could sell players for millions and it backfired.

As for Killie, they recorded a £125K profit last year.
    They also had a turnover of £6.6m compared to our £3.1m with being in the Premiership. Which shows the difference in revenue between the two leagues

As much as would like to join James and blame the media the truth is that our Sporting Director and Owner painted the bleakest picture of all of Scotland's club's during the pandemic.
    To me this was a major slap in the puss to their supporters who in many cases have poured more money into the club this season than ever before even though we received very little in return for our efforts.To take this board as an example all i have read from posters is,"They can keep my money i want nothing back from them."
    It's a FACT that the majority of our support have accepted we cannot attend games this season and virtually no one has moaned about the money they paid to do so.The owner and his Sporting Director obviously live in a different world to the majority of the club's support many of whom probably need their season ticket money more than the club to pay bill's,buy food and electricity etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    As much as would like to join James and blame the media the truth is that our Sporting Director and Owner painted the bleakest picture of all of Scotland's club's during the pandemic.
    To me this was a major slap in the puss to their supporters who in many cases have poured more money into the club this season than ever before even though we received very little in return for our efforts.To take this board as an example all i have read from posters is,"They can keep my money i want nothing back from them."
    It's a FACT that the majority of our support have accepted we cannot attend games this season and virtually no one has moaned about the money they paid to do so.The owner and his Sporting Director obviously live in a different world to the majority of the club's support many of whom probably need their season ticket money more than the club to pay bill's,buy food and electricity etc.
    100%.

Our owner is worth tens of millions yet he's begging ordinary fans for £100,000. I'm sorry but if you're going to buy a football club you need to know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Pandemic or no f*cking Pandemic.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)