+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave great teeth Cormack

There are definite questions about his judgement and credibility just now - this week’s been a clusterfuuck, no getting away from that.

But, he’s been in place about a year, and it’s been an unbelievably difficult and challenging year, for all clubs not just us, but still.

He’s tried to be more transparent (allowing for this week’s s’hitshow), certainly way more than Milne ever was.

He’s tried to do stuff to improve matchdays at Pittodrie, which have all been kyboshed by the pandemic.

He did pay for the majority of the training ground - that’s been well documented - though I agree the naming thing is a bit cringey.

The stadiums been kicked so far down the road it’s in a different time zone, so no point worrying about that just now.

He, Crotty and others have put millions into the club over the last year. There’s been several cash injections. Not sure how much folk expect these guys to
    put in like, they've done their bit so far in my view.

Income will be well down, the loss of non ST matchday attendance, hospitality & commercial match day revenues, club shop revenue etc will be significant and can’t be replaced. That’s what’s causing the cash flow issues.

He does have questions to answer - Hernandez is the burning one - and he has questions over his judgement re McInnes, but I’m of the mind that if it wasn’t for the pandemic he’d have fired him by now. As it is he can hardly do anything other then back the guy publicly if he’s not fired him. Slagging him for not firing McInnes is fair enough. Slagging him for backing him when he didn’t fire him is just stupid.

I’ve got no issue with him calling out the government on crowds in stadiums. He’s clearly frustrated and there has not been one piece of evidence produced to show that a well controlled, numbers limited crowd in an outdoor football stadium is any sort of risk.

He’s had a bad couple of weeks, no doubt about that, but everyone just stop and ask themselves who you’d rather have running the show just now - him or Milne.

Ok, not a high bar for Cormack to achieve, and he is using up a fair bit of goodwill just now so needs to be careful where he goes from here, but I don’t think that one is even close.

Cormack has now decided it was just a postponement of the Q&A and not a cancellation.
    My opinion...DC is flapping under pressure and is making a complete tit of himself. All he had to do was fire McInnes and life would have been so much simpler. He has the funds...no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I can't see why Cormack would want to asset strip us. That doesn't make sense.

Why would he not want to get an extra 5,000 extra season ticket holders? You can't be seriously wondering why we might be in a serious financial situation?
    Why is Darren Eales on our board, that doesn't make sense to have the president of Atlanta on our board unless it benefits Atlanta in my view....nothing makes sense, I just threw it out there as one option.

I'm not saying about an extra 5000 season ticket holders, obviously we'd want to sell 20'000 if we could - the fact is we normally have had between 5-10k season tickets historically depending on our success. Crowds above that normally came from roughly 5k of "turnstile" buyers - making our attendances roughly 12000-15000 bar the OF and european ties.

My query lies with that lost revenue for those 5000ish turnstile buyers for the past season of covid and the impact it's had. Moog makes a good point with the hospitality, merchandise etc, however i'm still at a loss how we are SO financially crippled in the space of one season.

I've no doubt it's had a financial effect yet with the exception of Killie who are openly needing funding, i haven't seen many other clubs as vocal as we are out the financial situation - and we have 3 multi-millionaires on the board!

Does anyone know how many people subscribe to RedTV? Or how many people have bought virtual season tickets? Or how many people are actually purchasing pay per view for each game?

Clearly it's bringing in a lot less money than we would normally get through people attending the stadium, but it must still be bringing in a reasonable amount?

I guess Cormack may have been a bit naive when he was first appointed Chairman and maybe he was over enthusiastic and shared too many of his ideas and plans which have either turned out to be unrealistic, or have been ruined due to the pandemic. I always found him a bit cringey on interviews and particularly remember watching a press conference which included (I think) Joe Lewis and Dean Campbell where he was making terrible dad jokes and Joe was sitting next to him looking bored to death and Dean was smiling politely. Awkward. Overall though I think he's okay and as a fan himself I think he will be much more in touch with the feeling of the fans than Milne ever was. I get the feeling that under normal circumstances McInnes might have been punted by now but due to the current climate he'll likely get to the end of the season and then they'll come to some form of agreement to get rid. If he's not financially able to sack him right now, he's got to publicly back him. I'm not surprised he cancelled the Q&A as it was terrible timing - I'm surprised he suggested it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'm not surprised he cancelled the Q&A as it was terrible timing - I'm surprised he suggested it in the first place.
    This! I've even tweeted this to him today - the club, PR, marketing, Himself have access to the fixture list, when they planned this surely any day around a Celtic tie was crazy especially with how the Glasgow media like to spin things in the weeks of our games. I know this and i'm just one of these "vocal social media" that Dave references, so surely a multi-millionaire with such honesty and transparency would realise this.

If im generous it's a naive error but if i'm harsh it makes me worry about how all aspects of our club are run if no-one had the foresight to see the potential pitfalls, especially if Dave himself clearly doesn't want to meet them head on.

Part of me thinks that Dave's ego is so large he believed that he'd get a love-in and tons of easy questions about how great he is, then when they've seen the obvious questions re Mcinnes, stadium, transfers, form, on-field product etc, they've s**t a brick and this is the end result.

All in all a PR disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    There are definite questions about his judgement and credibility just now - this week’s been a clusterfuuck, no getting away from that.

But, he’s been in place about a year, and it’s been an unbelievably difficult and challenging year, for all clubs not just us, but still.

He’s tried to be more transparent (allowing for this week’s s’hitshow), certainly way more than Milne ever was.

He’s tried to do stuff to improve matchdays at Pittodrie, which have all been kyboshed by the pandemic.

He did pay for the majority of the training ground - that’s been well documented - though I agree the naming thing is a bit cringey.

The stadiums been kicked so far down the road it’s in a different time zone, so no point worrying about that just now.

He, Crotty and others have put millions into the club over the last year. There’s been several cash injections. Not sure how much folk expect these guys to

Income will be well down, the loss of non ST matchday attendance, hospitality & commercial match day revenues, club shop revenue etc will be significant and can’t be replaced. That’s what’s causing the cash flow issues.

He does have questions to answer - Hernandez is the burning one - and he has questions over his judgement re McInnes, but I’m of the mind that if it wasn’t for the pandemic he’d have fired him by now. As it is he can hardly do anything other then back the guy publicly if he’s not fired him. Slagging him for not firing McInnes is fair enough. Slagging him for backing him when he didn’t fire him is just stupid.

I’ve got no issue with him calling out the government on crowds in stadiums. He’s clearly frustrated and there has not been one piece of evidence produced to show that a well controlled, numbers limited crowd in an outdoor football stadium is any sort of risk.

He’s had a bad couple of weeks, no doubt about that, but everyone just stop and ask themselves who you’d rather have running the show just now - him or Milne.

Ok, not a high bar for Cormack to achieve, and he is using up a fair bit of goodwill just now so needs to be careful where he goes from here, but I don’t think that one is even close.
    Completely agree with all of the above.

There has been a lot posted on here on what Cormack and his pals have or have not invested and is it just the training ground or is it more than that so let me try to answer it once and for all based on information published at Companies House.

Between June 2017 and November 2020 the total of new investment in the club is £18.3 Million. Just over half of that comes from Cormack himself so about £9.5 Million. Of the rest about £3.75 Million is from Crotty, £2.35 Million from Roger Lee (US money man), £2.2Million from Atlanta with the balance from other money men associated with Roger Lee.

At June 2020 the cost of the training ground was £13.3 Million so about £5 Million of the investment has gone towards funding the day to day operations.

As of today Cormack is the single biggest shareholder owning just over 38% of AFC. Cormack/Crotty/Atlanta/Lee etc combined own about 75% of AFC. As an aside Milne now only owns 12%

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree with all of the above.

There has been a lot posted on here on what Cormack and his pals have or have not invested and is it just the training ground or is it more than that so let me try to answer it once and for all based on information published at Companies House.

Between June 2017 and November 2020 the total of new investment in the club is £18.3 Million. Just over half of that comes from Cormack himself so about £9.5 Million. Of the rest about £3.75 Million is from Crotty, £2.35 Million from Roger Lee (US money man), £2.2Million from Atlanta with the balance from other money men associated with Roger Lee.

At June 2020 the cost of the training ground was £13.3 Million so about £5 Million of the investment has gone towards funding the day to day operations.

As of today Cormack is the single biggest shareholder owning just over 38% of AFC. Cormack/Crotty/Atlanta/Lee etc combined own about 75% of AFC. As an aside Milne now only owns 12%
    I can't dispute the above if this is what is stated on companies house, however I can dispute the running of the club, where it's going and what the end game is for Cormack, Crotty and their cronies. The situation with us being on our knees compared to some other clubs in and around us in our league for me is just bizarre.

Cormack just strikes me as trying to be abody's pal - it's not what he's here for. Yes it's an improvement on Milne, but Cormack LOVES the spotlight, he's shown that ump**** times already on his short tenure, and i fear his massive ego will be a problem for the club not a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I forgot about his snide attacks on the Scottish government. They’ve got their hands full Dave, they’ll get round to the football in good time
    Maybe they’ll get round to it after they’ve finished calling for another referendum in the middle of a global pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    I can't dispute the above if this is what is stated on companies house, however I can dispute the running of the club, where it's going and what the end game is for Cormack, Crotty and their cronies. The situation with us being on our knees compared to some other clubs in and around us in our league for me is just bizarre.

Cormack just strikes me as trying to be abody's pal - it's not what he's here for. Yes it's an improvement on Milne, but Cormack LOVES the spotlight, he's shown that ump**** times already on his short tenure, and i fear his massive ego will be a problem for the club not a success.
    The end game is an interesting question and may have different answers for the various parties.

Cormack - local boy done well, more money than he can ever spend in ten lifetimes, has an ego and likes the high profile so decides to buy his local football team, probably not overly concerned on ever getting a return on his investment

Atlanta - owned by Arthur Blank (who also owns Atlanta Falcons) with an estimated net worth of $5 Billion so a £2 Million investment is chicken feed to them. Probably genuinely trying to create some sort of two-way pipeline of talent flow but clearly off to an inauspicious start with the Gallacher and Hernandez experiences. One of their core values is giving back to the community so probably chose us partly due to the Community trust work, which is genuinely top class. I would imagine won't care if they have to write off their investment as a rounding error to Arthur Blank.

Tom Crotty - a venture capitalist with links to both Cormack and Bobby Clark (set up a youth football charity with Clark's son) and one of the reasons he gave for getting involved with AFC was again the community work, but probably wouldn't be averse to getting a return on his investment as well.

Roger Lee and associates - pure venture capitalists and have never been quoted as to why they invested. Lee has invested with Cormack and Crotty before and has a number of investments in e-sports. Obviously only in it to make a return on his investment but I am f'cked if I can think how he will do this in Scottish football unless I am missing something - can't see e-sports being that big for AFC but I suppose I could be wrong.

As to us being on our knees more than any other club, we just won't be, we are just being more vocal than the others as that probably suits Cormack's agenda with the Scottish Government. All 12 SPFL clubs will be losing money ranging from a lot to a f'ckin mountain sized loss at sevco

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

If Milne was still the chairman today then McInnes would have been given a new 4 year deal by now.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast