+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Dundee University students

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I assume that you are trying to have a ‘pop’ at me.
    We travelled to Dundee on 12th December 2020 to have our annual eye check up at our optician in Dundee because there is no longer a permanent optician on Islay.
    The previous one died in his early 60’s from a brain tumour. Yet another person on Islay to die from cancer.
    Whilst in Dundee Nicola Sturgeon announced yet another lockdown which commenced at 00.01 on Boxing Day 2020 and we were stuck in Dundee. Eventually we travelled back to Islay as my wife had to get her Covid-19 vaccination which is permitted under the Scottish Government lockdown rules.
    You should be more worried about people who have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and did not self isolate for the recommended ten days.
    Dominic Cummings eat yer heart oot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I drove up to Glencoe with a mate yesterday. We went hill walking and saw one other person all day, out in the wide open spaces, 700m up in the air, near the top of a mountain and we passed about 10 feet away from him. Seemingly all three of us will now die a slow horrible death if you believe the pish being spouted, not because we were where we were or because two of us travelled in the same car, oh no, it's because that car travelled from Dundee into Angus, into Perthshire, Into Stirlingshire, into Argyll and Bute then into Highland. Have you ever in your entire life heard such total pish?

How on earth is crossing imaginary borders in an enclosed vehicle considered a serious Covid risk when going into Tesco Kingsway and passing within two feet of multiple total strangers isn't?

Just total bull****..... people need to waken up and realise we're having the pish ripped right out of us by clueless scientists that are guessing and making it up (badly) as they go along? Now they're trying to make predictions of what might happen six or more months from now when they can't even see what's happening now - and our gullible government are listening to them. What the **** is going on in this country? Why do people accept this nonsense?
    I agree with everything you say. How sitting in a car and driving throughout Scotland can spread the virus is beyond me. Public gatherings are supposed to be banned throughout the U.K. yet 1,000 people can last Sunday have a protest march in Bristol. The civic leaders in Bristol who gave permission for this march should be jailed.

I agree with everything you say. How sitting in a car and driving throughout Scotland can spread the virus is beyond me.
    He made it up ffs

I assume that you are trying to have a ‘pop’ at me.
    We travelled to Dundee on 12th December 2020 to have our annual eye check up at our optician in Dundee because there is no longer a permanent optician on Islay.
    The previous one died in his early 60’s from a brain tumour. Yet another person on Islay to die from cancer.
    Whilst in Dundee Nicola Sturgeon announced yet another lockdown which commenced at 00.01 on Boxing Day 2020 and we were stuck in Dundee. Eventually we travelled back to Islay as my wife had to get her Covid-19 vaccination which is permitted under the Scottish Government lockdown rules.
    You should be more worried about people who have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus and did not self isolate for the recommended ten days.
    Hope you and your wifes eyesight is all good Islay and that the Dundee optician done the business.

Saying that it must have been some length of appointment if you were still in Dundee on Boxing day given you had left Islay on Dec 12 2020.

Or was there a big queue?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I am having a good chuckle at the thought of deeranged being unable to enjoy his hill-walking because of all the rage he has inside him at bad 1B bus drivers, yes. I thought the flyer from the SNP about postal voting was bad enough, now this!!! The tier system was divisive in terms of people not allowed to travel into lower tiers just a few hundred yards down the road but you need to have some control. From April 26, all of Scotland is in Tier 3, then it's Tier 2 on May 17. No-one will tolerate any reversal of that because Rangers fans or students or whoever wants to party.
    I know that you will probably not agree with my post but here goes.
    I think that it is crazy that people in Tier 3 can only have a soft drink with their meal but they can stand outside in the freezing cold drinking alcohol until 10.30pm.
    The reason I was told in October 2020 by the Public Health Scotland doctor was that the increasing number of positive Covid-19 case at that time was caused by people standing too close together in public houses and people having drinking parties in the garden of their home. That must have been the passengers boozing in the bar of the Calmac ferries where they only have to stand one metre apart.
    What a lot of rubbish. The number of positive Covid-19 cases spiralled out of control until the vaccination campaign got into gear in early February 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Sorry Taintedice but you have got this completely mixed up. The SNP and the Greens are the government in Scotland. It is the SNP who have done everything they could to frustrate the Salmond Inquiry. It was only the threats of votes of no confidence which produced any movement at all. I would not dream of suggesting any party as an alternative. That’s for the people of Scotland to decide. My advice would be to avoid giving the SNP an overall majority at this time. There is a clear difficulty with the way our parliament has been organised. Read any non SNP thinker and the message is consistent - there is something wrong that the law is led by a member of the government. I also don't think the economic situation is favourable. These are my problems, but I think if anyone wants to change my mind they should be able to persuade me.
    In my opinion people should also avoid giving their second vote to the Greens as they will always vote in favour of SNP policies no matter how hopeless they are. Parties should only be permitted to put forward candidates for the list (second ) vote if the have also put forward candidates for every constituency seat throughout Scotland for the first vote on the ballot paper.

In my opinion people should also avoid giving their second vote to the Greens as they will always vote in favour of SNP policies no matter how hopeless they are. Parties should only be permitted to put forward candidates for the list (second ) vote if the have also put forward candidates for every constituency seat throughout Scotland for the first vote on the ballot paper.
    Sorry Islay disagree. Snp would never have got off the ground if that had been the rules, same with Greens. It is our voting system that helps small parties. I don't think anyone really wants to have a first past the post system in Scotland.

He was appointed as an independent advisor to the*Scottish Government*on the ministerial code in 2013 by*Alex Salmond*and was reappointed by*Scottish First Minister*Nicola Sturgeon*in 2015.[3]*He was also appointed to the same role by the*Welsh Government.[4]*In 2017, he concluded that*Welsh First Minister*Carwyn Jones*did not mislead the*Welsh Assembly*over what he knew about bullying allegations at the top level of government.[5]*Hamilton also conducted an investigation into whether Sturgeon had breached the Scottish ministerial code during the Scottish Government's investigation into ***ual harassment complaints made against Salmond.[6]*This was paused in 2019 and resumed in August 2020.[7]*On 23 March 2021, his report was published, concluding that Sturgeon did not breach the ministerial code.
    Completely irrelevant as far as I am concerned. The real worry, for me, is the behaviour of her government. I think this is a good result for those who think there is something wrong with our democracy. If Nicola had been found guilty and resigned it might have defle Ted attention from the way that the SNP government has behaved.

Hopeful that Salmond will now put his considerable ability towards continuing his battle. This decision makes things even worse for hi IMOm and I would be surprised if he said sorry etc.
    Thank you for your very detailed information about James Hamilton QC which I knew nothing about. He is certainly not independent if he has been an independent adviser to the Scottish Government as far back as 2013. It would be interesting to know if Hamilton has also been on the payroll of the Scottish Government since 2013.
    There is no chance of Salmond or any other SNP politicians saying sorry as the word ‘Sorry’ is not included in their vocabulary. I am still waiting for Michael Russell the SNP MSP for Argyll and Bute saying sorry to me for slagging me off by name in a letter to the Ileach newspaper in March 2014. When I sent him an email in January 2020 about me still waiting for him to apologise he said that we should draw a line under this. I told him that was still dining out on his letter to Ileach where he slagged me off for having the cheek to continually write anti independence letters to the Ileach and my reply to him by email.
    Fortunately Michael Russell is stepping down and not standing for re-election as the MSP for the Argyll and Bute constituency. Thank goodness as he has been a disaster as an MSP and has done nothing for his constituency.

Sorry Islay disagree. Snp would never have got off the ground if that had been the rules, same with Greens. It is our voting system that helps small parties. I don't think anyone really wants to have a first past the post system in Scotland.
    The Greens currently hold the balance of power at Holyrood but they are effectively the SNP’s poodles as they vote with the SNP at every opportunity.
    At the first Scottish Government elections in 1999 voters were encouraged to cast their second vote in favour of one of the ‘rag, tag and bobtail’ minor political parties to get a better debate and balance of government.
    However this was a disaster and at the next elections all these minor parties failed to win a list seat.
    In my opinion I would get rid of the list MSPs, reduce the number of constituencies to 65 and elect the two candidates from each constituency who finish in first and second place based on the number of votes they receive.
    This would be first and second past the post.

The Greens currently hold the balance of power at Holyrood but they are effectively the SNP’s poodles as they vote with the SNP at every opportunity.
    At the first Scottish Government elections in 1999 voters were encouraged to cast their second vote in favour of one of the ‘rag, tag and bobtail’ minor political parties to get a better debate and balance of government.
    However this was a disaster and at the next elections all these minor parties failed to win a list seat.
    In my opinion I would get rid of the list MSPs, reduce the number of constituencies to 65 and elect the two candidates from each constituency who finish in first and second place based on the number of votes they receive.
    This would be first and second past the post.
    How did the result have worked out last time under that system?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)