+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Sheffield United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Watched the game “live” here although it is often shown with a minute or so delay. I avoid multitasking to avoid spoilers.

Roberts had an excellent game (I tell you, he is getting more effective each game), but we rode our luck somewhat despite some decent periods. You can see why the Blades are in trouble though.

One where the three points mattered more than the performance?
    Watched the game again last night and the Blades didn’t deserve a point - we had so many decent chances - Bamford worked his socks off too and brought so many others into the game.

Roberts was good throughout and very creative.

Harrison seems to play best when he doesn’t take too much time to think what he is doing - like the cross for the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up UB.
    !
    Errrmm - Hate all this lazy modern speak - what's wrong with "information" or "help"

"Heads up" my arse!

Commentators keep saying Roberts caught Baldock with his knee (unintentionally of course) but the slo-mo shows no such contact (or am I blind?)
    No you're not blind - think he banged his head on our super tough turf!
    And BTW should have had his marching orders for a two footed lunge on Roberts

Frankly, a fair result would be a draw, a sh1t result would be a loss, a very, very, very lucky result would be a win
    Dont know what game you where watching FFS?

Look at the stats?

Fickle or what?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Thought we were good today and a few were excellent. We started well and dominated so much that we then lost accuracy and a little energy.

Roberts had a decent game and Bamford, Lorentte, Dallas and Rapha were great. They were lucky not to have Baldock sent off.

We did enough to win but had enough chances to have scored 4 or 5 comfortably.
    Fair summary, apart from Bamford - thought he was quiet today

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Fair summary, apart from Bamford - thought he was quiet today
    I thought Bamford looked unwell when he went off, hope I am wrong but he wasn't his best but still put a shift in.

Not sure which game the "fans" who are quoted in this link were watching, but it wasn't the one I saw!

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/04/blo...g-performance/

Not sure who is generating it, or why, but this inbuilt bias against Alioski is ridiculous. I have criticised players and will continue to do so, but on todays performance, I could choose at least four players who were below Alioski (names on a postcard please!).
    Yes, there were 4 players who played below Alioski's performance but they all played for Sheffield United. I thought Alioski played poorly in the 1st half and only marginally better in the 2nd. I am an Alioski fan but Saturday was one of his poorest efforts. His passing was terrible in the first half and his poor marking allowed the equalizer. Tiredness from the internationals is what I attribute his lacklustre effort.
    With the win and Fulham loss, it means Fulham will essentially have to win 6 of their last 7 matches to overtake Leeds, as we have better goal difference. That isn't going happen so, we have completed the first part of our season's objective, which is to stay up. Now I hope the lads can go on to play some consistent football against the likes of Man Sh1tty, Manure, Liverpool and Spurs.
    next week against Sh1tty, Harrison isn't allowed to play, so I guess, Costa will start. My guess is Raphinha will go to the left which he is not accustomed and Costa will be on the right. only guessing though. The other permutation is Poveda (who played well against City earlier in the season) on the right and Raphinha on the left. This latter tactic may occur because Bielsa will certainly remember how well Poveda played against City at Elland Road. last time we played, Raphina wasn't in the squad yet, so Alioski played left wing, Dallas was at left back. Roberts and Klich played attacking midfield. Don't think this will happen. One funny moment that occurred in that match was when Dallas was moved forward and Davis stepped in to play left back. He (Davis) forgot where he was supposed to play and wondered off into the wing back position. Commentators had a laugh. Bielsa's staff weren't so amused.

Errrmm - Hate all this lazy modern speak - what's wrong with "information" or "help"

"Heads up" my arse!

I would earnestly hope not to have my head up your arse, conjures up an image I would prefer not have there!

However "heads up" is not "lazy modern speak", according to one theory, the expression ‘heads up’ was used in the 19th century to mean ‘straighten up’ or ‘keep your head up’. Some believe that the modern use of the expression comes from the ‘heads-up display screen’ that gives pilots important information about their aircraft. In any case, I've personally used the expression for AT LEAST 30 years, and I've never been asked to explain what I mean
    Last edited by WTF11; 05-04-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Dont know what game you where watching FFS?

Look at the stats?

Fickle or what?
    Not fickle in any way. In just the last 10 minutes they had two shots which were millimetres away from a goal, the first swerving at the last possible moment with Meslier nowhere near, and the second ditto but just wide of the bottom corner. If we had had similar shots we would be making comments about bad luck again. throughout the game there were moments where they were a real threat up to the last 8 - 10 yards and their position in the league is explained again and again by the poor finishing from their strikers, something we benefitted from just as most other teams have

We have similar stats every game, some we lose, some we win, mostly dependent on the clinical nature of finishing (as per the first against Blades), statistics don't tell the whole story, not even close yesterday. Very much a game of two halves, first ours, second theirs, other than the own goal, we had very little going on in the second half.

Given that as a team we were much worse in the second half speaks volumes given CPs comment about Alioski. Doesn't really matter, the guy is on a hiding to nothing, given that he isn't a Stuart Dallas, but is expected to play in any position apart from his natural left CB position where he was so effective when he played alongside Saiz. Instead of blaming the player (All the f00king time) blame the inadequacy of our recruitment into a position that has been crying out for a "natural left back" (see below), something that has been lacking for a LOOOOOONNGGG time.

He gets comments like this;

"Whelan blamed Alioski’s lack of positional sense for the goal and claimed that it could have easily been prevented by a “natural full-back.”

“There are lots of things you can talk about in terms of the goal we conceded. I think Alioski was out of position.

“Luke Ayling was out of position too but it could have been stopped by Alioski covering. He was nowhere to be seen.".

Ok, Alioski was out of position, but how come its he who gets the sole blame, when Ayling is described also as out of position, but that's ok because Alioski will bail him out, won't he? Who is playing in the position he is most comfortable with, and who isn't?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)