+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers Post Match Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I think Warne played Wiles at left back because he thought we'd have a lot of the ball and wanted a more creative attacking player going forward.

That is quite a bold move.

He was right in one sense that we did not conceed our goals as a result of poor defending down our left side.
    Surely second goal was a result of Wiles not crossing the ball with his left foot, turning back onto his right foot and them attacking down our left side with a shortage of cover in that area, a direct result of a shortage of left sided players.

First goal resulted from our free kick with MacDonald heading the ball back across goal to no one because there was no left footers on the park to take up that natural position for a left footer but not for a right footer ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Surely second goal was a result of Wiles not crossing the ball with his left foot, turning back onto his right foot and them attacking down our left side with a shortage of cover in that area, a direct result of a shortage of left sided players.

First goal resulted from our free kick with MacDonald heading the ball back across goal to no one because there was no left footers on the park to take up that natural position for a left footer but not for a right footer ?
    These are the goals.

https://youtu.be/elH22MjCc5Y

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Blackman will be in net on Saturday
    That should solve everything.

Not sure we watched the same game Millertale.

Having read all of the posts I'm amazed at the number (particularly in the first few pages) who were able to predict Monday's result so confidently. I wonder if they were equally able to predict the Piggies winning 5-0, or West Brom spanking Chelsea 5-2. I hope they were and if so inclined, put a little wager on their ability.

But when I look at the MMad prediction league I see that few of them stand above me. That must make me a lucky predictor.

Well I predicted we would win 5-0 but I must have been thinking of the Wednesday game at the time.

I don’t like it when my own team is one of the prediction selection but I am still challenging for a Champions League Spot (currently fifth I think)

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Having read all of the posts I'm amazed at the number (particularly in the first few pages) who were able to predict Monday's result so confidently. I wonder if they were equally able to predict the Piggies winning 5-0, or West Brom spanking Chelsea 5-2. I hope they were and if so inclined, put a little wager on their ability.

But when I look at the MMad prediction league I see that few of them stand above me. That must make me a lucky predictor.
    For me, it was a case of Wycombe coming into form, especially a good, uplifting win 2 days earlier combined with our poor recent home form. And then of course the magic factor: a Millers game that was felt as 'must win', added pressure of other results starting to turn against us and a lifetime of Millers big game disappointments.

Can't predict other teams as don't know their form etc.

We have the second lowest budget in the league, and are third from bottom. It could be argued that PW is above our expected position. There are plenty of matches left, and with the apparent randomness of this season's results, maybe we'll survive
    He deserves a chance next season to undo the wrongs of this campaign. A disappointing result, but only one game. Wycombe have had a few impressive results lately, we have no right to expect an easy ride.
    Maybe the players hanging on to see where we finish, will come to the front, and prove that are worth a place in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Not sure we watched the same game Millertale.
    That’s because it did not show the bits immediately before the goals but I’m sure that was the case.

1st goal, Barlaser get in the way and nods it over his head. Maybe defender should be closer to scorer, expecting all senario's.

2nd goal, couldn't get near their big lump up front and left 2 spare on the right, maybe Wiles should have been with them and not more central. He got a deflection for an OG, bad luck.

3rd goal, Akinfenwa simple header and Giles doesn't go with the guy and he runs thro scores. Maybe offside? As a defender(as in 1st goal) you should be the other side, expecting a flick on, and just block him.

Add these to the sitters we missed and there were only 1 ending..............
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 06-04-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast