+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup draw 2.00pm Easter Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Regarding the Scottish Cup in general, after you read this is it just me that thinks that if we can get fans in for the Final then hold it somewhere other than Hampden ffs???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56675812
    I can see your point and Hampden isn't a ground I like after so many losing finals BUT perhaps the majority of players relish a game at the national stadium, no matter who they play for.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Hopefully the SFA and the Scottish govt can try to get this re-classified as a 'test-event' with at least some fans in. Hampden is huge, it can surely accommodate 12000 with 2M social distancing in place.

Worth a try don't you think?
    It’s to do with the ground having been ‘handed over’ to UEFA on 14th May so it can be prepared for the Euros. Scottish Government will allow fans in (up to 12k) from 17th May. Final is on 22nd. UEFA will only allow final at Hampden on strict condition of no fans. So rather than move to another ground (Celtic Park, Murrayfield etc) and get in fans as SG will allow by then, the SFA decide they will have it at Hampden. With, you guessed it, no fans. It beggars belief..............

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I can see your point and Hampden isn't a ground I like after so many losing finals BUT perhaps the majority of players relish a game at the national stadium, no matter who they play for.
    As opposed to playing elsewhere in front of supporters? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would go for Dens Park mate.Me and you in the Dr Noodles suite and we never lose a final there.
    Hospitality in Millionaire’s Row??? Do you think I’m made of money?

Question, why is Wembley allowed fans in on the 15th of May for their Cup Final?.

Regarding the Scottish Cup in general, after you read this is it just me that thinks that if we can get fans in for the Final then hold it somewhere other than Hampden ffs???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56675812
    Uefa should be told to gtf! Just say its United in the final and there was a chance of 6000 of us getting to go. Totally out of order, as usual the average football fan is screwed over. You can also guarantee that the 12,000 at the Euros will practically all be corporate spongers and suits.

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    Uefa should be told to gtf! Just say its United in the final and there was a chance of 6000 of us getting to go. Totally out of order, as usual the average football fan is screwed over. You can also guarantee that the 12,000 at the Euros will practically all be corporate spongers and suits.
    I get what you’re saying but I guess UEFA will say that they’ve ‘paid’ to rent the ground and that they need the time to prepare it for the Euros. What I can’t understand is that despite this why the SFA absolutely insist on playing it at Hampden. If we were to make it (somewhat against the odds admittedly) then there would be nothing more frustrating than having to sit at home when if it were played at say, Murrayfield, then 6000 of us could have been there (which would almost certainly mean all season ticket holders). It’s absolutely everything that’s wrong with the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Question, why is Wembley allowed fans in on the 15th of May for their Cup Final?.
    I assume it’s because like Hampden, UEFA will assume ‘control’ from 17th May, in which case were the FACup Final to be after this date then, like Scotland, there would be no fans. Which would likely explain why they’re having the Final on the 15th before this happens. Because in contrast to the SFA, the FA actually seem to know what the phuck they’re doing.

I assume it’s because like Hampden, UEFA will assume ‘control’ from 17th May, in which case were the FACup Final to be after this date then, like Scotland, there would be no fans. Which would likely explain why they’re having the Final on the 15th before this happens. Because in contrast to the SFA, the FA actually seem to know what the phuck they’re doing.
    Pretty sure Scottish Cup final date was changed when cup competition got go ahead a month or so ago. Clearly venue should be changed even if it was only a couple of thousand of each team allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    Remember tickets have already been sold. There was a ballot a year or so ago. No idea how many but suspect once corporate added very few if any will become available to even the tartan army regulars.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)