+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross County (H) Sat 1st May

Ross County (H) Sat 1st May

Will be interesting to see how we play this. Keep the momentum from Sunday going and play the same team? Or rest them again and do another Killie? It’s up to MM ultimately but I would hazard a guess it will be the latter. We keep banging on about the financial difference between 7th and 8th, but the financial rewards for winning the Cup this season and the associated new European rewards that come with it are mind boggling for a Club our size. They reckon you’re looking at £3m minimum even if you end up in the Europa Conference League or whatever it’s called. That’s seriously game changing (particularly post Covid) for us. Given that, I know which one I’d be prioritising.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Will be interesting to see how we play this. Keep the momentum from Sunday going and play the same team? Or rest them again and do another Killie? It’s up to MM ultimately but I would hazard a guess it will be the latter. We keep banging on about the financial difference between 7th and 8th, but the financial rewards for winning the Cup this season and the associated new European rewards that come with it are mind boggling for a Club our size. They reckon you’re looking at £3m minimum even if you end up in the Europa Conference League or whatever it’s called. That’s seriously game changing (particularly post Covid) for us. Given that, I know which one I’d be prioritising.
    Rest the players again, maybe give your new reserve keeper a game just to warm him up incase! Hibs will need to go full strength for their game as they challenge for 3rd. They are a tough team, but you can never rule out Dundee United! Stoked for you guys, hope you make the final £3-5m for the euro games. No pressure 😆

[QUOTE=JamesMcClean;39765708]Will be interesting to see how we play this. Keep the momentum from Sunday going and play the same team? Or rest them again and do another Killie? It’s up to MM ultimately but I would hazard a guess it will be the latter. We keep banging on about the financial difference between 7th and 8th, but the financial rewards for winning the Cup this season and the associated new European rewards that come with it are mind boggling for a Club our size. They reckon you’re looking at £3m minimum even if you end up in the Europa Conference League or whatever it’s called. That’s seriously game changing (particularly post Covid) for us. Given that, I know which one I’d be prioritising.[/QUOTE

our only priority is the cup now. rest who needs to be rested - get hoti, chalmers, appere, new keeper, meekison involved at some point and maybe sporle will be back from injury too. If we can have chalmers and sporle fit and ready for some part in semi that would be ideal if no then the final will do

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Where are you reading £3M for the Conference League? I didn't think prize money had been decided? I know its £300K for teams who reach the Europa League Playoff round (which would be the Scottish Cup winners). Its then £2.9M for all teams who enter the group stage. I read the other day the Conference League may end up actually costing clubs like us money.

As for Saturday, rest up. Definitely. The new keeper has to play. We can't risk Deniz.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Where are you reading £3M for the Conference League? I didn't think prize money had been decided? I know its £300K for teams who reach the Europa League Playoff round (which would be the Scottish Cup winners). Its then £2.9M for all teams who enter the group stage. I read the other day the Conference League may end up actually costing clubs like us money.

As for Saturday, rest up. Definitely. The new keeper has to play. We can't risk Deniz.
    Yes, yes, I know it’s The Scum, but it’s reported on quite a few other reports. BTW, the semi is on the Saturday at 1600 and you guessed it, it’s the Premier Sports one.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...pean-football/

Where did you read that? With all due respect that's a ton of pish

Article on the £3m https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...pean-football/

Can't remember where it read it. It was all speculation however as the prize money hadn't been announced. These newly released figures make for great reading though.

Was in the Belfast Telegraph discussing Irish teams involvement in the Conference League. This was the part of the article in question.

However, former UEFA chief executive and current president of European Leagues (the association of professional football leagues in Europe) Lars-Christer Olsson has a rather different warning.

“You will play against less interesting teams, which probably means you don’t fill your stadiums," he told Sweden's Expressen newspaper. "At the same time, the indication has been that you won’t receive any extra financial support from the Champions League. It risks becoming a financial loss-making deal for the clubs participating in the Conference League.”

Was in the Belfast Telegraph discussing Irish teams involvement in the Conference League. This was the part of the article in question.
    Considering the sold out, or nearly sold out for Athens, Slask & Moscow in our last three campaigns and those are probably the level of teams we would be playing against (along with 6th place teams from the big leagues who at the moment include Liverpool, Lazio and Marseille) I think we would do ok gate wise.

I think the quote from Olsson above might be more for the Liverpools etc who won't sell out their stadiums etc for these matches, rather than teams like United or the ones from the Irish leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Considering the sold out, or nearly sold out for Athens, Slask & Moscow in our last three campaigns and those are probably the level of teams we would be playing against (along with 6th place teams from the big leagues who at the moment include Liverpool, Lazio and Marseille) I think we would do ok gate wise.

I think the quote from Olsson above might be more for the Liverpools etc who won't sell out their stadiums etc for these matches, rather than teams like United or the ones from the Irish leagues.
    Providing we can get in we'd do alright gate wise, especially if we got paired with a few decent teams. The Sun article makes it absolutely worth qualifying for if correct.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)