+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tata!

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    I wish you all the very best in whatever you plan to do next.
    Hopefully Swale's next plan will be to contribute as an ordinary poster.

I'd love to read his 'warts and all' memoirs on the handbags thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hopefully Swale's next plan will be to contribute as an ordinary poster.

I'd love to read his 'warts and all' memoirs on the handbags thread!
    Can't see anyone taking over his role though. I remember the disaster last time someone had a go.

I think he's done a great job and although it would be sad to see him go, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Fair play Swale. You've been a very good moedrator but I cannot blame you for not wanting to give more of your time to this for free.

As other have said, completely ridiculous to expect folks to moderate this for free when there is clearly some money being made from advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Sorry but I simply cannot agree with that.

The blame would lie squarely upon those who have argued and brought up Ardley at every possible moment, even since he has gone.

Yesterday we had a great game ..... but it is used not to say that, but to show how 'bad' Ardley was.
    Can't really blame them after being told for months/years that they were pitchforkers, that they had an agenda, that they didn't understand football, that they were destabilising the club, can you?

They took a lot of stick just for stating the obvious, ie that the football under NA was awful, players were being played out of position, and the squad was underperforming.

In that respect they are absolutely right. The problem is that they want either the person who was most responsible for this to admit he was wrong, or the board to rise in unison to condemn him as being wrong, and neither of these things is ever going to happen. That's why we have this war of attrition on every thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I removed it as it never really took off. I'd be happy to switch it back on again if enough people wanted to give it go.
    If there's a migration that would be my first choice then!

Swale may feel different after a few days away from the board, I hope so anyway....he has done a good job I think, and he must kinda enjoy it!

Have a break and see how you feel Swale. If you decide to walk away, then thanks for doing the impossible job as long as you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Fair play Swale. You've been a very good moedrator but I cannot blame you for not wanting to give more of your time to this for free.

As other have said, completely ridiculous to expect folks to moderate this for free when there is clearly some money being made from advertising.
    I agree. I think part of the problem on this site is that there's no longer a visible editor. That wasn't the case in the past. It used to be that the editor got paid, based on the activity on the forum. Despite having moderated on here for years, I've no idea who is the editor of the site these days and is being paid to do it (assuming that's still the model of course). The responsibility for dealing with the current nonsense (and previous particularly nasty racism) shouldn't fall to an unpaid volunteer when someone is presumably behind paid per hit, and Mad are being paid for advertising. Also, an editor who is known by posters can set the tone for a site. Best of luck to anyone who is daft enough to take it on next!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Can't really blame them after being told for months/years that they were pitchforkers, that they had an agenda, that they didn't understand football, that they were destabilising the club, can you?

They took a lot of stick just for stating the obvious, ie that the football under NA was awful, players were being played out of position, and the squad was underperforming.

In that respect they are absolutely right. The problem is that they want either the person who was most responsible for this to admit he was wrong, or the board to rise in unison to condemn him as being wrong, and neither of these things is ever going to happen. That's why we have this war of attrition on every thread.
    That's a good appraisal, and probably gets to the root of where things started to go a bit over the top on here.

When it did go over the top and spoil the board for some, Swale came up with the ideal solution by creating the handbags thread. If everyone had taken his advice, I'm sure his job would have been a lot easier. I think I've already made my thoughts clear on that one.

Can't think of anyone who would want to step into Swale's moderating shoes on here, it's a shame he feels he can't continue and an even bigger shame if he decides to leave for good.

If anyone does fancy a change there is of course the Pride of Nottingham forum which has been round for quite a while now. Also, I have switched the forum back on on my site if anyone fancies giving it a go . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

No more stick than some of us have taken for years to be fair when we have supported a manager. Stating the obvious though has often meant 'I am right'. An example are the posts that said we had no chance under Ardley of making the play-offs. Just a couple of weeks earlier some people had been posting to say that there is a chance we could get automatic! Say that you don't think we had a chance, but don't treat me like an idiot for saying we may have done, (whatever the football).

The truth is that we can never know whether Ardley would have made the play-offs, so can't we just move on? Why keep posting just to prove a point, it's only falling to his level.

And to be honest, I have never understood all the references to pitchforks!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast