+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Ellis, AKA...The Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    We kept a lot fewer cleansheets since NA was sacked so this correct coaching hasnt worked on our defence has it????
    Its worked on our chances of promotion though hasn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    I appreciate what your saying lasso
    But as far as I call it,it’s been simply down to players attitudes,no matter what system or manager..
    If you give 100%then you have every chance of winning,anything less then your in trouble.
    Lasso, Laddo, it's all good

I disagree but if you are right and it's down to the players attitudes solely and previously they gave 80% and now are giving 95% and the only change between the two is the manager/head coach then...........

I felt they always gave 100% under Ardley, tbf they are a pretty hard working team. It was only a few games ago and we were saying they were even worse than under NA. I think it’s a case of playing slightly more expansive, they have got their rewards and now their tails are up.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its worked on our chances of promotion though hasn't it!
    Oh no not the respect a point brigade!

How about you respect the fans and try to offer them entertainment and goals. Don't think I've ever disliked a manager more than NA, he made following Notts a chore and not something to look forward to.

If we're gonna lose, then by god have good go doing so.

We kept a lot fewer cleansheets since NA was sacked so this correct coaching hasn't worked on our defence has it????
    You're more reliant on clean sheets if you can only score 1 goal a game. IB side has shown it can score more than 1 goal a game more regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Oh no not the respect a point brigade!

How about you respect the fans and try to offer them entertainment and goals. Don't think I've ever disliked a manager more than NA, he made following Notts a chore and not something to look forward to.

If we're gonna lose, then by god have good go doing so.
    I think you misunderstand me. I completely agree with you although I would not call him dislikeable. More entirely predictable. Having 'Ardley as manager was like watching mainstream TV with the one good program banned ( in his case being the Rise and Fall of Callum Roberts) and once opposition managers worked that out it was time to subscribe to Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    All of these Ardley signings now beginning to bear fruit with the correct coaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    You're more reliant on clean sheets if you can only score 1 goal a game. IB side has shown it can score more than 1 goal a game more regularly
    If you actually believe we can win the playoffs conceding an average of two goals a game you are so niave. I should remind you we finished 3rd last season under NA we wont do that this season. Its no point playing 3 at the back if 2 of them are fullbacks??
    Anyone who watched the game last night saw Brinds and Chiksen done in the air over abd over. We got away with it last night we wont in the play offs. Ellis is leading a charmed life. Two goals conceded on average in every game he has played in, that is the reality of the situation. Can we win the playoffs with that stat....... no of course we cant.

If you actually believe we can win the playoffs conceding an average of two goals a game you are so niave. I should remind you we finished 3rd last season under NA we wont do that this season. Its no point playing 3 at the back if 2 of them are fullbacks??
    Anyone who watched the game last night saw Brinds and Chiksen done in the air over abd over. We got away with it last night we wont in the play offs. Ellis is leading a charmed life. Two goals conceded on average in every game he has played in, that is the reality of the situation. Can we win the playoffs with that stat....... no of course we cant.
    so you think we were going to finish top 3 with Ardley still in charge ?

Kelton sorry you’re deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Kelton sorry you’re deluded.
    I agree with both you BFP and Pat the avatar !

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast