+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Steven Gunn now director of football operations and new Heid of Recruitment required as Richardson has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Me too. Probably just wishful thinking on my part
    I can’t hear his name without recalling his take on Uncle Ernie.

Fiddle about fiddle about fiddle about.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...source=sh/x/im

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Steven Gunn now director of football operations and new Heid of Recruitment required as Richardson has gone.
    This should’ve been done weeks ago.
    The recruitment for 21/22 is basically done & even more so by the time we appoint someone.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I see Ferguson’s agent is mouthing off in the papers that the club have let him down .

Apparently there was an agreement that the club wouldn’t stand in his way if a premier league club came in for him .

We’re obviously not going to let him go for the first low ball offer that comes in for him before the window even opens , particularly when we have him on a three year contract .

Agents are bell ends these days .
    You’d have thought he’d have a minimum release clause in his contract. Obviously he must know we’re not going to just sell him for £2m because it’s a premier league team.

Pity it’s all going to end on a sour note for him but he’s not exactly a superstar. We won’t miss him as much as we missed Shinnie or McLean when they left, or dare I say it Scott Wright when he left. These players brought more to the team than Ferguson. Yeah he’s good and might continue to improve but he doesn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck or control games in the way he should if he was really that special.

I always said I could see McLean playing in the EPL but I couldn’t see Shinnie there and I can’t see Ferguson doing much at that level. Could be wrong but I don’t think he’s athletic enough or fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I can’t hear his name without recalling his take on Uncle Ernie.

Fiddle about fiddle about fiddle about.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...source=sh/x/im

If only Uncle Ernie had brown brogues and a red, white and blue tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    You’d have thought he’d have a minimum release clause in his contract. Obviously he must know we’re not going to just sell him for £2m because it’s a premier league team.

Pity it’s all going to end on a sour note for him but he’s not exactly a superstar. We won’t miss him as much as we missed Shinnie or McLean when they left, or dare I say it Scott Wright when he left. These players brought more to the team than Ferguson. Yeah he’s good and might continue to improve but he doesn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck or control games in the way he should if he was really that special.

I always said I could see McLean playing in the EPL but I couldn’t see Shinnie there and I can’t see Ferguson doing much at that level. Could be wrong but I don’t think he’s athletic enough or fast enough.
    Like everyone else in the team Ferguson has been poor since December/January but to say he won’t be missed as much as Scott Wright is a bit over the top.

Ferguson has put in some good performances and scored some important goals over the last couple of years.

Wright scored 2 goals,missed a load of chances and made a few good runs in half a season, he was as bad as the rest of them when he came back from his injury before he fecked off to the Huns.

Aye, Wright was pretty s’hite.

But Ferguson has been nothing special.

Of course we have had about 129 defensive minded midfielders in the team over the last 3-4 years.

Has he been the best of these? probably, but not by much.

We won’t miss him, hold out for a bit more money then cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye, Wright was pretty s’hite.

But Ferguson has been nothing special.

Of course we have had about 129 defensive minded midfielders in the team over the last 3-4 years.

Has he been the best of these? probably, but not by much.

We won’t miss him, hold out for a bit more money then cash in.
    Didn’t you say we wouldn’t miss McLean either?

McLean is a much better player than Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Like everyone else in the team Ferguson has been poor since December/January but to say he won’t be missed as much as Scott Wright is a bit over the top.

Ferguson has put in some good performances and scored some important goals over the last couple of years.

Wright scored 2 goals,missed a load of chances and made a few good runs in half a season, he was as bad as the rest of them when he came back from his injury before he fecked off to the Huns.
    Like any player in the League, unless they are extra special (eg Laudrup, Strachan) they are found out pretty quickly by opposing scouts, and nullified by tactics thus designed.

Ferguson was a bit of a surprise packet in that he was influential beyond his years when he first played for us. He did so well that he remained in the first team when, I understand, he was originally signed as a development/back-up midfielder.

He’s now less influential as opposition managers know how best to minimise his influence, and he needs to move to try to develop further.

£3.75m and add-ons, and he’s yours.

Other opinions are possible, but mine is correct.

Page 63 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast