+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    I just hope TA is going to tell us if we have funds to bring players in, and are they his players or the new manager.
    Of course he isn't going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Certain folk only post when they want a moan. You've been here long enough to know that surely? 😂
    aye ADS keep up eh! well i for one am disgusted that there are rumours we are looking to sign players. I for one was hoping we were on the slide full pelt into oblivion.

And to top it all wife and sister both on the rag at same time. Fvck sake is there no end to Big Tonys disaster ...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course he isn't going to do that.
    every director does it usually wages and what the players NI numbers are too - see examples below

no cvnt

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    I just hope TA is going to tell us if we have funds to bring players in, and are they his players or the new manager. i think if we do have funds they will be TA players he wants, not new managers picks..TA be as well being the manager, he has the say in most things. a guy who used to manage Kelty is going to have the say who he wants, your having a laugh, he will get no say at all. the club is becoming a bit of a laughing stock, well to me it certainly is.
    Surely as a United fan you already know this?
    And no I don't think we're becoming a laughing stock.

As far as I can recall MM brought in one player, the rest were TA signings. Given the age and experience of the manager it's likely that TA will have even more influence in the next 2 windows at least.

The model we work under isn't unusual. Maybe the difference could be that managers at other clubs have more influence over the Sporting Director choices than ours do.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Certain folk only post when they want a moan. You've been here long enough to know that surely? 😂
    In fairness its actually quite ****ing cheery on here compared to over on EF, some of them need to be kept away from sharp instruments for a while I think 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Surely as a United fan you already know this?
    And no I don't think we're becoming a laughing stock.

As far as I can recall MM brought in one player, the rest were TA signings. Given the age and experience of the manager it's likely that TA will have even more influence in the next 2 windows at least.

The model we work under isn't unusual. Maybe the difference could be that managers at other clubs have more influence over the Sporting Director choices than ours do.
    spot on. I just got Germany is work sweepie which is better than my boss who got North macedonia. what happened to south macedonia?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    In fairness its actually quite ****ing cheery on here compared to over on EF, some of them need to be kept away from sharp instruments for a while I think ����
    i had a peek a few good posters some wind ups but quite the thing really. Super the dee actually is one of the most interesting and truthful posters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    spot on. I just got Germany is work sweepie which is better than my boss who got North macedonia. what happened to south macedonia?
    Well done mate. I got North Korea in the sweep. Think they saw me coming eh 😁

I love how every player that comes into the club has to be branded a TA or manager signing. It was made pretty clear early doors in TA's time that TA, the head coach and David Byrne (head of recruitment) would sit down and decide together. This is how the sporting director model works. Tony will give his list, Head Coach gives his list, head of recruitment puts his tuppence worth in and they decide together which players are the best fit.

But hey lets not let logic get in the way of a good old witch hunt eh.

Your right sorry lets have a bit of huge possitivity from me, we got x Kelty manager in charge, only way is up from now on..sorry lads

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)