+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Listen to yirsel ‘baldy snake’ ‘laptop jockeys’

Ogren didn’t want to change the management team, he was forced to re visit the business plan because the pandemic severely phukked up the cash flow to see the original plan through. The new plan was put to the fruit and he asked for time to consider, then goes on tv giving it the big ‘I’m going nowhere’ yet a week later he’s at Tranmere.

Now the revisited plan sees the ramping up of bringing through young lads in an effort to hopefully sell some on to help balance the books, and god forbid mibbee even make a small profit.

This is what will help keep our club alive, yes there are risks, but the Ogrens, Asghar and the coaches have succeeded in getting us promoted then keeping us up, that’s the first two years of the plan ticked off and now we move into the third year where we will hopefully see a consolidation in the league and decent runs in the cups. So far, we’ve played one competitive game and won it so that’s a perfect start, and yet here we are with supporters chucking spears at the very people who are in a position to keep driving the club forward, it’s phukkin incredible.
    Are you sure of your timeline of events? Do you have it as gospel the Ogrens/TA came up with a new plan?

My opinion is that things turned bad between Ogrens/TA and Neilson before his departure, then started turning bad for MM when he started setting up the team to meet the no1 objective which was staying up. For that reason, i dont think the Ogrens/TA have re-assessed a plan for the reason of Covid, i just think they reinforced their desire that the plan should be followed no matter what, where MM raised his concerns and the only thing they agreed on was a parting of the ways was the best course of action.

You really do seem to be hung up on MM jumping into the old job so quickly, but he made no secret of the relationship between himself and the Tranmere owner, and im sure they have kept in touch over the last year. If MM had any suspicions whatsoever that the end was in sight, im sure he would have told the Tranmere owner this, and im sure MM was fully aware of the direction his old boss was taking their beloved Tranmere!

You seem to have totally ignored the manager/head coach contribution to our recent success in your last bit, and while Ogrens put up the money and TA does his bit, its the manager/head coach that day to day has to prepare the team to meet the demands of so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Are you sure of your timeline of events? Do you have it as gospel the Ogrens/TA came up with a new plan?

My opinion is that things turned bad between Ogrens/TA and Neilson before his departure, then started turning bad for MM when he started setting up the team to meet the no1 objective which was staying up. For that reason, i dont think the Ogrens/TA have re-assessed a plan for the reason of Covid, i just think they reinforced their desire that the plan should be followed no matter what, where MM raised his concerns and the only thing they agreed on was a parting of the ways was the best course of action.

You really do seem to be hung up on MM jumping into the old job so quickly, but he made no secret of the relationship between himself and the Tranmere owner, and im sure they have kept in touch over the last year. If MM had any suspicions whatsoever that the end was in sight, im sure he would have told the Tranmere owner this, and im sure MM was fully aware of the direction his old boss was taking their beloved Tranmere!

You seem to have totally ignored the manager/head coach contribution to our recent success in your last bit, and while Ogrens put up the money and TA does his bit, its the manager/head coach that day to day has to prepare the team to meet the demands of so many.
    Don't know all that went on but I do know from a decent source that MM had an open offer to return to Tranmere. It wasn't an overnight offer like RN

My guess and it's only a guess, is that M was being asked questions he didn't like despite the results, beginning to fall out with TA (Hoti and more, eg playing youth he felt weren't ready) and it came to it's natural conclusion when MM stuck to fingers up.

Not sure what you mean by ‘how much truth is there in that post’

Are you disputing the pandemic happened and phukked up the business plan?
    Do you think I’ve made up the fact that the club have been forced into a change of business plan as there is precious little cash flow coming into the club?
    Am I lying that the fruit went on tv and said ‘ah’ll no be going anywhere’ then gets announced as Tranmere’s manager days later?
    Do you not think the the fruit’s behaviour should not be classed as a turncoat?
    Did I just dream that TWFDUFC are undefeated in competitive football this season?
    So further to the other reply,

By feck the pandemic did happen,
    Do you have it as gospel there has been a change of plan, or forceful reminder of what the ORIGINAL plan is?
    Yes he was on TV, and yes he did go BACK to his old boss and friend, but i dont think its as cut and dried or filled with conspiracies as you think.
    Not turncoat, just a family man looking after his financial future.

1 game in a cup that some still consider as pre-season, against Kelty Hearts that we scraped a 1-0 win, and its a reason to be cheerful! Next you will be asking to judge our success at Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Don't know all that went on but I do know from a decent source that MM had an open offer to return to Tranmere. It wasn't an overnight offer like RN

My guess and it's only a guess, is that M was being asked questions he didn't like despite the results, beginning to fall out with TA (Hoti and more, eg playing youth he felt weren't ready) and it came to it's natural conclusion when MM stuck to fingers up.
    Thats really the whole point though stoke, but as not one of us were there, we really do not know what the hell did happen! Think it was widely known when MM arrived that he had the open Tranmere offer, and i wasnt surprised he went back for his 3rd(?) spell as manager!

In both cases, i think Neilson and MM had similar issues which previous employers were aware of, which took the pressure out of the decisions to be made when the time came.

Erm, which bit of the Ogrens, TA and the COACHES did you not read?

Erm, which bit of the Ogrens, TA and the COACHES did you not read?
    I do apologize, but i have this romantic idea that Managers and Head Coaches deserve a specific mention as recognition of their position, not just another coach!

Next you will be wanting me to believe you are not an argumentative dunt at times! Meant in the best possible taste!
    I'm actually an amazing and wonderful guy to be around, honest! 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Yeah we are all different mate some people in life just aint happy.Others are happy enough usually but just go to the football for a good moan takes all sorts.
    I'm sure he's probably not as miserable as I suggested but his outlook as far as United are concerned does give off a whiff of depression 😂

I do apologize, but i have this romantic idea that Managers and Head Coaches deserve a specific mention as recognition of their position, not just another coach!
    A manager probably would, but the fruit was anything but

Re the plan, if it wasn’t changed then why did the fruit decide he couldn’t go along with it? It was a good enough when he took the job on, or did his thinking change when his mate at Tranmere gave him a call, either way in my book he’s a kunt

A manager probably would, but the fruit was anything but

Re the plan, if it wasn’t changed then why did the fruit decide he couldn’t go along with it? It was a good enough when he took the job on, or did his thinking change when his mate at Tranmere gave him a call, either way in my book he’s a kunt
    Listen to yirsel "the fruit"

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)