+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Millers Encounters

As a boy on the beach at Blackpool I met Barry Webster who themiller knew quite well. Barry promised to teach me how to be a right winger but sadly for all of us, it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    As a boy on the beach at Blackpool I met Barry Webster who themiller knew quite well. Barry promised to teach me how to be a right winger but sadly for all of us, it never happened.
    To the disappointment of many on here he maybe did manage to succeed in teaching quite a few 'right wingers'

As a lad of 11 years of age, one of the lads from across the road brought to our house a fair haired young man approx 17 years of age. Obviously at the time of initially meeting him, I didn't know who he was. Anyway, it was around the time fireworks were out and kids being kids, the young man decided to show us how to drop a lit 'banger' into a milk bottle and stand a brick on the top of it while the fuse was burning.

We scattered as a group and hid behind a wall and the almighty bang shattered the bottle into loads of pieces. My mum wasn't too impressed with glass all over the path etc. The trick wasn't repeated by the said you man, as he had already done a runner. He kept on visiting my mates house as I found out he was seeing his Sister. I later found out his name was John Breckin!

In passing, I've mentioned this story to Brecks and initially he denied all knowledge or couldn't recall it. Once I mentioned the girls name he used to see, it all came back to him . Funny how you mention a past female and you recall minor details.

First house we bought after getting married, nice couple selling it, the husband looked familiar but it didn’t twig

Was only when we got the legal stuff that I realised it was Mr and Mrs Mountford were the couple selling

Yes Ray Mountford, seeing him every week but didn’t recognise him “ with his clothes on”

DC Brin?

Played football with Ex- Millers manager Tom Johnston when he became
    Huddersfield Town manager for the first time, I'd be around 14, me & mate
    got to Huddersfield ground early, kicking a ball about in car park, he came over
    & had a kick about with us.
    Met Ronnie Moore a few times.
    Met John Breckin at the Ring O'Bells in Swinton, when Hughes was manager, didn't
    get on with Hughes, had a drink with Breckin which he told about what went off etc.
    Met Breckin a few times since, last time in Rotherham General Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    DC Brin?
    Yes pal. How did you know that? Yes I’m wide awake at 2.26am. Can’t sleep of late don’t know what the feck is up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Yes pal. How did you know that? Yes I’m wide awake at 2.26am. Can’t sleep of late don’t know what the feck is up with me.
    I'm playing catch up Brin on transfers, gonna get a tot of Whisky then off to bed, use it has a mouth wash,
    always end up swallowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I'm playing catch up Brin on transfers, gonna get a tot of Whisky then off to bed, use it has a mouth wash,
    always end up swallowing it.
    ELK, and I thought I was the only insomniac on here

An Ex millers loanee came to my house only a couple of years ago to read my electric meter who worked for sse….it was Peter duffield….strange how you don’t think ex players wouldn”t be doing that job or similar jobs,but I suppose wages in football then wernt really setting them up for life I suppose..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast