+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 135 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Anyone else making a claim?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    This was posted by Zuby a couple of weeks ago, I agree with most of it.......

20 Things I've Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The 'Pandemic' (THREAD):

1/ Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.
    2/ At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.
    3/ Fear of death is only rivalled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.
    4/ Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.
    5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them.
    6/ Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.
    7/ Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.
    8/ Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.
    9/ Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviours - for better or worse.
    10/ When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.
    11/ People who are dismissed as 'conspiracy theorists' are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.
    12/ Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said 'safety' is merely an illusion.
    13/ Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to 'normal'.
    14/ A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.
    15/ 'The Science' has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.
    16/ Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.
    17/ Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.
    18/ If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.
    19/ Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.
    20/ It's easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Bonus thought:

21/ Most people are fairly compassionate and have good intentions (this is good)
    As a result, most people deeply struggle to understand that some people, including our 'leaders', CAN have malicious or perverse intentions (this is bad).
    He was going to add;

22/ Don’t get your info on a deadly pandemic from rappers, but he didn’t have enough characters left.

Vax passes coming in:

''UK PM Boris Johnson says that after all over-18s have had the chance to get both Covid jabs, full vaccination will be required for entry into "nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather".

Vax passes going out:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=winp2jun

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I appear to be conversing with one of them!
    Sorry Banjo, but I think you need to retune your instrument because a few of your strings seem to be broken. The speed limit analogy was a brilliant one, because if the government said "we really want you to obey the speed limits on the sign, but we'll leave it down to your personal responsibility" how do you think that would pan out? That's effectively what they are saying now on a number of issues like mask wearing and holidays, and while me and you and many others will mostly try to do the right thing, there are plenty of people who won't. You don't have to look any further than this government if you want a few examples, and I'll give you Cummings and Hancock for starters.

At the beginning I said that I was quite impressed with BJ leadership.

How wrong was I go take that stance. Now I am afraid that he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him in the face, and the only thing that has saved him has been the vaccination program.

JVT for PM!

Mapperley pie for PM after this thread .

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    This was posted by Zuby a couple of weeks ago, I agree with most of it.......

20 Things I've Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The 'Pandemic' (THREAD):

1/ Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.
    2/ At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.
    3/ Fear of death is only rivalled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.
    4/ Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.
    5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them.
    6/ Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.
    7/ Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.
    8/ Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.
    9/ Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviours - for better or worse.
    10/ When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.
    11/ People who are dismissed as 'conspiracy theorists' are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.
    12/ Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said 'safety' is merely an illusion.
    13/ Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to 'normal'.
    14/ A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.
    15/ 'The Science' has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.
    16/ Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.
    17/ Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.
    18/ If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.
    19/ Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.
    20/ It's easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Bonus thought:

21/ Most people are fairly compassionate and have good intentions (this is good)
    As a result, most people deeply struggle to understand that some people, including our 'leaders', CAN have malicious or perverse intentions (this is bad).
    Incorrect on point 11. Katie Hopkins will never be well researched nor correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry Banjo, but I think you need to retune your instrument because a few of your strings seem to be broken. The speed limit analogy was a brilliant one, because if the government said "we really want you to obey the speed limits on the sign, but we'll leave it down to your personal responsibility" how do you think that would pan out? That's effectively what they are saying now on a number of issues like mask wearing and holidays, and while me and you and many others will mostly try to do the right thing, there are plenty of people who won't. You don't have to look any further than this government if you want a few examples, and I'll give you Cummings and Hancock for starters.
    The speed limit analogy is a good one in regards to people breaking the law and not following the rules - yes we need the government to have rules etc but when we were in full lockdown the ‘idiots’ were at it again, students & mostly youngsters breaking the rules and having house parties - this is fact not supposition and the same people are doing it again. We cannot be under lockdown laws forever, we do need to start living again ‘carefully’ but as I said, the idiots like the ones in the news article at the nightclub will keep this bloody virus circulating forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The speed limit analogy is a good one in regards to people breaking the law and not following the rules - yes we need the government to have rules etc but when we were in full lockdown the ‘idiots’ were at it again, students & mostly youngsters breaking the rules and having house parties - this is fact not supposition and the same people are doing it again. We cannot be under lockdown laws forever, we do need to start living again ‘carefully’ but as I said, the idiots like the ones in the news article at the nightclub will keep this bloody virus circulating forever.
    You seem to be missing the point. I agree those "students & mostly youngsters breaking the rules and having house parties" were indeed idiots. Because they were breaking the rules. Those in the nightclub were not breaking any rules, they were simply doing what the government has told them they are now allowed to do. Do you not see the difference?

Page 135 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast