+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. I agree those "students & mostly youngsters breaking the rules and having house parties" were indeed idiots. Because they were breaking the rules. Those in the nightclub were not breaking any rules, they were simply doing what the government has told them they are now allowed to do. Do you not see the difference?
    It's quite a simple premise. I'm not sure why Banjo doesn't get it.

You are both missing my point!! - whilst they may not be breaking any rules, they are not being responsible citizens when they act like they do in the nightclubs environment in fact they are being totally irresponsible ie; ‘idiots’

“Fluggermeluggs”

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    You are both missing my point!! - whilst they may not be breaking any rules, they are not being responsible citizens when they act like they do in the nightclubs environment in fact they are being totally irresponsible ie; ‘idiots’

“Fluggermeluggs”
    It seems the logical approach has failed, so I'll try a different one. Try and rewind a bit Banjo (or a lot in my case), and imagine you are a decent and responsible person who turned 18 a year or so ago and has followed all the Covid rules to the letter. That means you have been forced to give up one of the most memorable years of your social life, but you did it because you had to. Finally, the rules allow that social life to start. What would you do as an 18/19 year old who has never been clubbing? Would you embrace your new freedom to the max (me), or would you say that some boring fart will brand you an idiot and stay at home (you)?

I would take the responsible approach unlike you!

I don't know many 18 year olds now or when I was one that after 18 months of staying in wouldn't go out now they're told they can. Solid leadership should mean that following the rules is OK but because of our weak leadership then it might still cause problems. Not the students fault.and they're only doing what they're told they can do. This government is crap and even its supporters are starting to realise.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't know many 18 year olds now or when I was one that after 18 months of staying in wouldn't go out now they're told they can. Solid leadership should mean that following the rules is OK but because of our weak leadership then it might still cause problems. Not the students fault.and they're only doing what they're told they can do. This government is crap and even its supporters are starting to realise.
    May I suggest that you and Elite relocate to Russia! - the government there enforce the laws quite well, you will be right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Strange viewpoint - people (mainly 18 year olds and students you say) don’t use common sense, it’s the government’s fault. If solid opposition leadership had been in power it would have been fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Strange viewpoint - people (mainly 18 year olds and students you say) don’t use common sense, it’s the government’s fault. If solid opposition leadership had been in power it would have been fine though.
    Strange people!

The opposition would probably have been more cautious about reopening and kept places like nightclubs closed - you can obviously argue whether you think that is the right decision or not.

I think what Elite and others are saying though is that once the government declares a freedom day, tells places like nightclubs they can reopen, tells people they can now go to nightclubs, it's perfectly reasonable to expect nightclub owners and nightclub goers to take them up on that. I really don't see anything strange about that point of view at all.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    The opposition would probably have been more cautious about reopening and kept places like nightclubs closed - you can obviously argue whether you think that is the right decision or not.

I think what Elite and others are saying though is that once the government declares a freedom day, tells places like nightclubs they can reopen, tells people they can now go to nightclubs, it's perfectly reasonable to expect nightclub owners and nightclub goers to take them up on that. I really don't see anything strange about that point of view at all.
    Although people think all Covid Restrictions have been lifted the Govt has actually kept the handwashing recommendation and is continuing to do this on a daily basis

Page 136 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast