+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Regarding Mullins, just one good season with Cambridge, there were about 10 or 11 pens in that tally as well and most were poachers goals in and around the 6 yard box. Cambridge obviously had players that played to his strengths, no guarantee he will get that again at Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    The Mullin signing is a big coup, but it makes sense for Wrexham in their newly flush position. Even if they're paying him £5-10k a week that's still only £250-500k over the course of a season (or £500k-£1mil over two). I presume there is no transfer fee as he was out of contract and an in-contract player of that ability would probably cost over £1million.

I'm still happier with the business we've done overall though. One player doesn't make a team. But clearly with his goals they will be up there at the end of the season.
    Who says he's going to score lots of goals, Stockport thought they were going to romp the league with big money signings

Unless he gets injured I do.

Perhaps the the likes of Stockport and Notts will share the goals around more with more threats. It could be said Wrexham are putting all their eggs in one basket with this signing. So I'm saying Mullin will score lots in his first season at Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Who says he's going to score lots of goals, Stockport thought they were going to romp the league with big money signings
    As we all know all too well, spending big and bringing big name players in, guarantees nothing. We thought we would romp the league with Enzio, Hemmings, Vaughan and Dennis. We ended up relegated.

Stockport aren't all that, and Wrexham's squad is pretty poor. I'd much rather us focus on good, hungry young players and run the club sustainably. We need to do this properly and with the Danes I think we will.

Absolutely, only going off what others have said it looks like they’ve made some solid signings. But also, going from experience, this means nothing without good coaching, the right atmosphere around the club and the right attitude. I’m actually quietly confident that we’ll do pretty well this season, I’m glad no one is really talking about us.

Hondermarck, Sherif and Bennett still at Notts. Possibly 2 striker trialists will take some part in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hondermarck, Sherif and Bennett still at Notts. Possibly 2 striker trialists will take some part in today's game.
    Either of Hondermarck or Sherif a ball winner, if so there’s definitely a place in the squad for one of them. Bennett possibly lined up for that no7 shirt, would give us an option of a left side of a front 3. Hopefully one or both of the striker trialists are an ugly non league target man, always useful to have around if Wootton is out or if we’re chasing a game and want to go direct.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Either of Hondermarck or Sherif a ball winner, if so there’s definitely a place in the squad for one of them. Bennett possibly lined up for that no7 shirt, would give us an option of a left side of a front 3. Hopefully one or both of the striker trialists are an ugly non league target man, always useful to have around if Wootton is out or if we’re chasing a game and want to go direct.
    Bennett may well sign on Monday.

Ugly striker - Shame he retired in 2001Name:  UGLY STRIKER.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  33.8 KB

Andre Wright was one of the trialists and is a forward and I think both of the CM's are ball winners, seen both described as good at pressing quickly and high up the pitch

Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast