+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Cardiff City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    having seen the highlights, looking at the cardiff goal poggy i thought sibbick was responsible for marking pack. Pack just showed more determination whilst sibbick was caught flat footed actually turning his back rather than attacking the ball or gerrin his body in the way. Poor defending really but toby med up forrit with an excellent run from deep and getting his shot off early. Fine goal by the lad and one to be proud of.

The positives from an attacking sense were the intricate passing around the edge of the opposition penalty box. Morris is a wizard with ball at his feet. I believe him and woodrow complement each other and will thrive this season. They have power, determination and skill. The goals will come.

Freiser was marginally offside unfortunately but again, it was very well constructed move. Encouraging stuff.
    toby getting this shot off early pass ! Nowt like emptying thi ballax before a game

Sibbicks next growing point is to concentrate more and think quicker. Hes young and still developing but he needs to master these aspects to move up the football ladder in my opinion.

Hes already made improvement so he has the potential but Im not as hot on him as some other posters. Not yet at least!

There were times in the game that we just bossed it! It is definitely a team with confidence and belief, they played with the authority at times of a team that knew they were as good and if not better than our opponents.
    Personally If you watch it back Nudger you will change your mind on Kitching? MOM for me, yeah Helik made a good tackle and Sibbick scored but Kitching cleared up after them both time and time again! He is strong, very mobile and reads the game superbly, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he keeps Mads out of the team!
    Morris had 2 chances he would have buried last season but yesterday was snatching at his shots? His overall contribution was spot on though.
    Apart from 1 shot on target and a couple of little touches I thought Woodrow was poor again?
    It was clear to see in the first half that Palmer and Frieser needed replacing, Palmer does well to get a foot in to tackles but rarely comes out with the ball…..4 times yesterday he lost the ball in midfield which led to Cardiff attacks, Benson put a stop to this as soon as he came on, Frieser for me isn’t Championship quality and will hardly play when the new lads are fit?
    1-1 great result there but we need to back this up with 2 confidence boosting wins now!

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I've thought that Sibbick was a slow thinker / decision maker. But Val improved him last season no end. He's a young lad and experience will make his decisions more second nature. His control on the ball is really good. He took that goal well yesterday and even better, he showed the character and will to make up for his minor error (if it was his - difficult to see on my phone). I think he'll be a top player for us Pass in the future.
    I agree Arby, he will become a very good player. I remember him laikin in midfield when Stendel was our coach and thinking how composed Sibbick looked on the ball considering he was brought in as a right back/central defender. He has height and a bit of pace to complement that too. His awarenes will improve with more experience he gets. Am more than happy with him mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    toby getting this shot off early pass ! Nowt like emptying thi ballax before a game
    Gi ore nar

I’d like to know what this bloke was smoking when he wrote this? Joel Benson? Several players followed Val to WBA?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58035722

So a tidy 6 teams winning and 6 draws round 1 new season - 3 points next Saturday please lads! onwards and upwards.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678