+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First line up and any additions needed still

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Think we will see 1 or 2 of the academy lads at some stage this season unless we get in a couple of quality additions.
    I'm starting to think the hype around a lot of our U23s is all *******s. Literally never see any of them anywhere near the team other than on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'm starting to think the hype around a lot of our U23s is all *******s. Literally never see any of them anywhere near the team other than on the bench.
    Think the step up from the u24 leagues we have been in to first team is pretty big. The top u23 league should help and some of them already have first team experience elsewhere.

Think a few look capable of stepping up which is not to say they will - look at Struijk took him half a season to find his feet in the championship. Would hope Summerville gets play time and a few of the others too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think the step up from the u24 leagues we have been in to first team is pretty big. The top u23 league should help and some of them already have first team experience elsewhere.

Think a few look capable of stepping up which is not to say they will - look at Struijk took him half a season to find his feet in the championship. Would hope Summerville gets play time and a few of the others too.
    Dunno, just thought when in these friendlies we've been pretty thin on ground in terms of options we'd have seen a few more of them. I've got hope but just not seeing much and feel quite a lot are just to plump up and sell on after a few loans, might be wrong

This O'Brien lad from a championship team, must be better than any of our u23s then?

We are quite a few down on last year too if you take into account Pablo Bera Alioski and Casilla and only two of those have been replaced.

That said Llorente was out for half the season and Rodrigo had lots of absences too so hopefully will see more of them this year.

Not sure what has happened with McCalmont and Gotts as both came back with glowing reviews and both young but both seem to now be on their way out - had high hopes for Alfie too. Seems a lot of other youngsters being off loaded too, like Hossanah, Stevens and Edmonson

If you look at the others that have (finally gone) Okane, Douglas, Le Bock then would hope there are more to come in.

Phil Hay seemed to think a midfielder and a pacey wide player so maybe two more.

Klich looked decent against Villarreal and maybe they have hopes Forshaw will escape the knackers yard and play this year too.

Shackleton looked alright before he banged his head - if he was concussed and wasn’t sure who he was let’s hope they told him he was Michael Platini!

From where I sit……far away, they doesn’t seem to be too much urgency from our club so who’s to know. About right imo for another midfield strengthening and sigh another wide player! … who isn’t coming!! As usual (and I agree) our club plays their cards close to the chest regarding the in’s & out’s. O’Brien gossip has some ‘legs’ though, knowing we have looked at him for awhile now.
    I have every faith in our guys. We have a good set up at ER and who knows maybe the time is right or close to introduce the talent we have in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    From where I sit……far away, they doesn’t seem to be too much urgency from our club so who’s to know. About right imo for another midfield strengthening and sigh another wide player! … who isn’t coming!! As usual (and I agree) our club plays their cards close to the chest regarding the in’s & out’s. O’Brien gossip has some ‘legs’ though, knowing we have looked at him for awhile now.
    I have every faith in our guys. We have a good set up at ER and who knows maybe the time is right or close to introduce the talent we have in the wings.
    Bit by bit the quality of everything we do seems to be improving. Bielsa asked for a new pitch at the training ground exactly the same as the new one being installed at ER and the owners agreed. He wants to practice on exactly the same standard of pitch and high shows how much detail in preparation he goes to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)