+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds women

Leeds women

Why do they have red on their shirt?

Does AR have any involvement or ownership in them?

Since the Rad took over in 2017 he brought back Leeds Ladies to Leeds United ownership to become Leeds United Ladies again after the club had previously become its own entity after Cellino decided to stop Leeds United funding them in 2014.

Leeds United Women as they are now known have 3 Senior team squads.The 1st team competes in the WPL North Division 1 & U23s team in the Womens National Reserves league & the U21s & U19s play in the WRCWFL respectively.

The club has its own backroom staff of eleven employees and all ladies teams play their home games at the LUFC HQ Thorpe Arch countryside training complex near Wetherby with a stand that holds 3,000 spectators.

The red squiggles on shirt front is the name of the health and life insurance and investment company are the sponsor who feature on the front of the Leeds United Women's kit.
    (This site won't let me type the sponsors name for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Since the Rad took over in 2017 he brought back Leeds Ladies to Leeds United ownership to become Leeds United Ladies again after the club had previously become its own entity after Cellino decided to stop Leeds United funding them in 2014.

Leeds United Women as they are now known have 3 Senior team squads.The 1st team competes in the WPL North Division 1 & U23s team in the Womens National Reserves league & the U21s & U19s play in the WRCWFL respectively.

The club has its own backroom staff of eleven employees and all ladies teams play their home games at the LUFC HQ Thorpe Arch countryside training complex near Wetherby with a stand that holds 3,000 spectators.

The red squiggles on shirt front is the name of the health and life insurance and investment company are the sponsor who feature on the front of the Leeds United Women's kit.
    (This site won't let me type the sponsors name for some reason).
    Thanks for the info, monaco. I managed to see a few WSL matches live on telly last season. And actually enjoyed them. I am curious as to where the WPL north is in the scheme of divisions. Is it 1 division down from the WSL?

The format pyramid order is Women's WSL.
    Women's Championship.
    Then the Women's National League which sits at the third and fourth levels of the women's football pyramid and above the eight regional football leagues.
    Currently there are 71 clubs in the National League with two tiers and six divisions.

The Northern and Southern Premier Divisions (level 3 in the football pyramid).

Then the regional geographical zones of Division One North {which Leeds Utd Women play in} Division One Midlands, Division One South-East and Division One South-West (all level 4).

The teams also compete in the Women's FA cup & League cup comps annually.

Plenty of football on free to view English tv & the FA also stream matches on the FA Player streaming channel which has just been launched.

Seasons 2019/20 & 2020/21 were were stopped due to emergency Covid-19 legislative but season 2021/22 has now started.

Obviously the ladies game has changed and its standards are getting better.

I am now 34 and as a kid played football in boys teams until they stopped me playing when I reached 11 years old as no football was further played or organised for girls back then so I then drifted into track & field events for my sports.Great to hear you watch a ladies match now & then.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    The format pyramid order is Women's WSL.
    Women's Championship.
    Then the Women's National League which sits at the third and fourth levels of the women's football pyramid and above the eight regional football leagues.
    Currently there are 71 clubs in the National League with two tiers and six divisions.

The Northern and Southern Premier Divisions (level 3 in the football pyramid).

Then the regional geographical zones of Division One North {which Leeds Utd Women play in} Division One Midlands, Division One South-East and Division One South-West (all level 4).

The teams also compete in the Women's FA cup & League cup comps annually.

Plenty of football on free to view English tv & the FA also stream matches on the FA Player streaming channel which has just been launched.

Seasons 2019/20 & 2020/21 were were stopped due to emergency Covid-19 legislative but season 2021/22 has now started.

Obviously the ladies game has changed and its standards are getting better.

I am now 34 and as a kid played football in boys teams until they stopped me playing when I reached 11 years old as no football was further played or organised for girls back then so I then drifted into track & field events for my sports.Great to hear you watch a ladies match now & then.
    I spend most Tuesday nights refereeing indoor 6-a-side adult co-ed football here.

The girls/ladies have often played (or are currently playing) at college level and can make some of the lads look like monkeys, especially if the latter have just been brought along to make up numbers. Quite entertaining to watch and I have to suppress my sniggering whenever a gobby boyfriend-type ends up on his arse.

My guess is the UK still has a bit of catching up to do on the women's game?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I spend most Tuesday nights refereeing indoor 6-a-side adult co-ed football here.

The girls/ladies have often played (or are currently playing) at college level and can make some of the lads look like monkeys, especially if the latter have just been brought along to make up numbers. Quite entertaining to watch and I have to suppress my sniggering whenever a gobby boyfriend-type ends up on his arse.

My guess is the UK still has a bit of catching up to do on the women's game?

Obviously more work to be done for ladies football in England & possibly more within the whole UK but solid foundations are in place.
    https://www.thefa.com/womens-girls-f...omens-football

In France the system is developing nicely as well - my young sister aged 16 who was born in France played football all the way through her school systems & still plays 5-aside weekly beach football now.

France has seen a huge surge in enthusiasm for women’s football with TV viewing figures for the 2019 World Cup double what was predicted with national-team games packing stadiums, France shirts selling fast and players swiftly becoming household names making girls football an important part of the school physical education curriculum.

Great to hear you volunteer your time helping kids - terrific !
    Such people are gems & many such likewise folks have helped me in the past.

MT

thank you for the information. Good to hear on A/R's involvement. still don't agree with any red on our kit. Not really a lot to ask of a sponsor and anyone that knows our club can understand the aversion to red.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)