+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Brilliant idea mate, wonder if Terry wouldn't mind filling my tank up too ����

In all seriousness though, it's a work issue keeping me from the game though but definitely planning for the Perth saints game at end of October though. Although not sure the other half will fancy the late October Scottish weather ��
    Can i just confirm that the absence of ADS was indeed work related and nothing to do with the £30 admission but i thought i'd just lob a grenade into the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I didn't say that TTT and fine well you know it, I'm simply saying pricing has to be affordable regardless of being home or away, and given the debate then to some it isn't.

So to answer you, imo the pricing is way too harsh and will impact some,
    and to clarify my post, if others can afford to pay more and want to, I'm sure there are ways they can 'donate', eg hospitality or sponsorship, just don't be forcing your average core supporter who likes to go to matches as a means of escaping home/work The club may be scrimping by, but they cannot forget that lifelong supporters may be too, especially in these times
    Do feel sorry for people who would like to be there supporting their team but can't afford it but club has to charge people or they go out of business less they charge less money they have for wages signings etc.You are saying that some can't afford to pay £30 so they should make it £20 but some can't afford £20 so what do they do then just let each person pay what they can afford?Or set prices that you can afford?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I would be more than willing to start up a PATG fund for any poster on here who is genuinely feeling the pinch for CAT A games.My idea would be to ask the more affluent posters like Terence to pay into my fund and then if a poster on here thinks £30 is too much and is only willing to pay £25 i use the fund to contribute a fiver to their admission.
    What do you think of that Troops?.
    While your are at it maybe we can have a TTT new £1500 wheelchair fund. Or how about a ramp build fund so I can take my chair in and out of my own house. We all make decisions about what we choose to spend money on. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    While your are at it maybe we can have a TTT new £1500 wheelchair fund. Or how about a ramp build fund so I can take my chair in and out of my own house. We all make decisions about what we choose to spend money on. ☹️
    Ach come on Terence i was only joking but all kidding aside i would do anything i could to help you out and that is a FACT.As i said to ADS when he was up i very rarely go for even one pint pre match unless its a big game so if you ever needed me to do anything for you i honestly would.
    I have so much admiration for your support of our club in trying circumstances and i honestly thought you knew that mate,i am more than happy to put it in the public domain that there are no many better United supporters than yourself and you blow me out the water in that respect.

Now you are just being silly. If you are going to hypothesise you may as well start with something that's actually legal. However I'll answer the question would I pay £150 for a single league match? Obviously not and (I'd imagine) on top of that not a lot of others wouldn't either meaning there isn't demand at that level of pricing so it's not right.
    Fair enuff Terence, was being a wee bit playful ..... But there was a serious side to what I was saying. There has to be a threshold for anyone and before it gets to the ridiculous prices, how far are we wiling to go?

I moved from the JK to the lower GF, then to the upper GF, paying £23 for a good seat and great view and did expect a wee hike in prices, but the jump to £30 was well above what I thought the price for this match might be. I know in the end I will pay £30 to watch a match at Tannadice , but I didn't think it would be priced that high so soon.... hence , for now ... I ain't goin.

I would be more than willing to start up a PATG fund for any poster on here who is genuinely feeling the pinch for CAT A games.My idea would be to ask the more affluent posters like Terence to pay into my fund and then if a poster on here thinks £30 is too much and is only willing to pay £25 i use the fund to contribute a fiver to their admission.
    What do you think of that Troops?.
    I don't want my money out of the fund GB.... I'm not the Big Man 👍

Ach come on Terence i was only joking but all kidding aside i would do anything i could to help you out and that is a FACT.As i said to ADS when he was up i very rarely go for even one pint pre match unless its a big game so if you ever needed me to do anything for you i honestly would.
    I have so much admiration for your support of our club in trying circumstances and i honestly thought you knew that mate,i am more than happy to put it in the public domain that there are no many better United supporters than yourself and you blow me out the water in that respect.
    I know your are a very generous soul, cheers. But I think you are seriously underplaying your credentials there. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Fair enuff Terence, was being a wee bit playful ..... But there was a serious side to what I was saying. There has to be a threshold for anyone and before it gets to the ridiculous prices, how far are we wiling to go?

I moved from the JK to the lower GF, then to the upper GF, paying £23 for a good seat and great view and did expect a wee hike in prices, but the jump to £30 was well above what I thought the price for this match might be. I know in the end I will pay £30 to watch a match at Tannadice , but I didn't think it would be priced that high so soon.... hence , for now ... I ain't goin.
    As I've said I think it was pretty clear the prices we going to be like this for a category A match. As I said earlier I don't think they should have done the categories this season given the price hike they were having to put in the season tickets to make up for the covid commitments made last season.

I respect anyone's right to spend their hard earned on wherever they feel is right. 👍

I know your are a very generous soul, cheers. But I think you are seriously underplaying your credentials there. ��
    We only met away once when my bus was leaving but i already knew from Chips that you were a great guy and diehard Arab,if you ever needed any help with absolutely anything Terence i'm available mate.
    I think you know i would help any Arab on here but it would be a privilege to assist you,FACT with a WASC.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    One thing that gets on my goat is using phrases such as 'I'm no paying £30 for that scheite' or 'I'll pay £30 when the product on the park deserves it'. Sorry but you cannot call yourself a supporter if you wheel that one out. No doubt they'll mump and moan when they can't get to the front of the queue for Cup Final tickets.

By all means don't go if you would love to and can't afford to because I do agree that the prices are on the steep side. That's definetly an issue for taking up with the Club - but don't cite 'value for money'. You don't get that following United. What you do get is the joy and despair of supporting a Club that has given us some almighty highs and devastating lows but you keep coming back for more.

And if we all stop supporting them citing 'quality of product on the park' we'll be out of business tout suite.
    What an absolute load of sh1te.... in this case you do not get to moan about the "quality on the park" since you are basically saying you will pay anything to watch whatever standard we put on the park. Im guessing you didnt care when we sold everyone then got relegated since to you it really doesnt matter as long as you get to watch 90 mins of something?

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)