+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    But I agree with most sentiments that the ordinary punter is being priced out the game.
    I'd be pretty surprised if the crowd at Tannadice for the Derby wasn't almost all ordinary punters.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    i know quite a few who whilst not being happy are going to go but are not taking their younger kids, i know of one or 2 others not going at all and I also see others posting in here they can't afford it.

Yes we will still sell out, but we did that in the championship and im pretty sure we sold out completely very fast as well. If prices hadnt have gone up i bet it would have been sold out already
    To be fair mate does not matter how quick it sells out as long as it does.Yourself and some others have chose not to attend because you don't think you are getting value for money and that is fair but lets others attend in ur place who are willing to pay the few quid extra who would have missed out if had sold out quicker.Think most on here are like ur self and are not attending because they don't want to give utd that much money for this game don't know if any have said they don't have the extra few quid but like ur self do feel sorry for anyone who can't afford to go no matter if price is £30,£28,£25 or£20.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Priced out of the game.

It's vert sad, and a lot of people have been missing out on following their local team due to austerity, unemployment, redundancy etc. Not just now, but for the last two or three decades.

Scottish football needs to get a grip and start marketing the game successfully.

One thing that would immediately make the product more attractive would be to have full stadia.

Back to prices again.
    Yeah mate but what is a price every one can afford?If we price tannadice at what the poorest supporter can afford could we compete with other team in league?As James said earlier our prices at £30 are on a par with other teams in this league.Think edinburgh derby was dearer glasgow was £52 or £54.They are the only other two city derbys in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    You are gonna have to put a definition to what you are meaning there as from what i see, there seems to be a fair few who really do want to go but cant for a variety of reasons, with the main one being the cost, or the justification for spending that much in these times!

There does seem to be a fair bit of shooting at us who are willing to voice our reasons for not going, but will anyone ask where our replacements have disappeared to for the other home games this season? At the end of the day, they all want to go week in, week out, but are more than likely deciding not to go for the same reasons im not attending the derby.
    Yeah chick it is a shame that some people can't afford to go every week even when prices are lower than the derby.Think utd are doing their best to raise money to keep game going at decent level at tannadice.Think the A games are the ones where away teams will bring large support and hitting the bigot brothers 5,000 for £30 a ticket help our finances we have to charge home and away support equally though.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have already stated i think the prices are a bit too high,there are thousands of supporters who do not attend Tannadice but would attend a cup final.There does also seem to be a majority in the not going camp who can afford it but are choosing not to attend as a point of principal.
    I know people who say they support United or Dundee but never go the games,some of these people would happily engage in a heated debate about football but in our case only attend cup finals and in DFC's case never go.
    This is true GB and some who will only turn out for few games a season picking the bigger matchs derby etc so if they only going to couple of games a season don't think few quid extra is going to kill them.

This is now a very long thread with some very good points and comments, basically most agree it is expensive for what it is and some are priced out and others just won't pay 30 quid on principle.
    The fact is though that both our tickets and Dundee's are selling very well and if it does not sell out it will not be far from it
    It appears the club gauged it correctly from a business point of view.
    My main gripe is 30 quid across the board.
    I'm going and am really looking forward to it, I don't have a season ticket anymore so I've stumped up 76 quid for 2 adults and a child.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    This is now a very long thread with some very good points and comments, basically most agree it is expensive for what it is and some are priced out and others just won't pay 30 quid on principle.
    The fact is though that both our tickets and Dundee's are selling very well and if it does not sell out it will not be far from it
    It appears the club gauged it correctly from a business point of view.
    My main gripe is 30 quid across the board.
    I'm going and am really looking forward to it, I don't have a season ticket anymore so I've stumped up 76 quid for 2 adults and a child.
    Still considerable cheaper than buying 3 season tickets.

One of the end sections of the shed now on sale, at GF side, so a further 300 tickets

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Still considerable cheaper than buying 3 season tickets.
    Haha, had seasons for 17 years, can only make games now, and again these days.
    This is my first chance of a game at Tannadice since before lockdown, just really looking forward to it, the fact its a derby is icing on the cake, like most on here I've been at tanny on a Tuesday night in artic conditions getting beat by Gretna etc.

ET & GF lowers sold out.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)