+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Them o'er river

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ahhhh the Variety Club. What a place that was. They certainly don’t make boozers like that any more.
    That said I do enjoy a micro bar. Being able to have a laugh and joke without having to shout at each other because the music is too loud is definitely a plus.
    There's lots of The Variety Club all over Youtube .

Many references to Gordon Cragg the compere who was a bit of a legend. Some of the antics were outrageous but never boring.

Variety Club bingo...”Any c**t caught cheating will be taken outside and nailed to the wall by his knackers.”

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    True. Although I was not old enough to go to the pub in the 80's.
    Bollox you weren’t

Brilliant place, Variety Club. The "Snow fakes" would melt today

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think navypie was the first one to say it, but there are some very witty posters on there. It's a really good read when they've lost.

Which this season means it's a really good read.
    Gone but not forgotten.

Damn, Agent Noughton’s cover has been blown. I knew we should have let them win the occasional game…

“Nottingham Forest can confirm that Chris Hughton has been relieved of his duties as first team manager.

The club would like to place on record its’ appreciation for Chris’s efforts. Chris joined the club in a difficult period for everyone in football and around the world and we thank him for the way he has conducted himself during his tenure.”

Got to wonder who writes the press releases at F***** - “its’ appreciation”? Don’t tell Sidders.

Sunday lunchtimes at the Variety Club were ridiculous when you look back at it. Only food on offer was ham and mustard or cheese and pickle cobs made out of rock hard French sticks and you had to drink Newcastle Brown Ale.

Resident comedian was of course Barry St Ives and the so called 'exotic' dancers were well . . . far from exotic!

For my sins I was a frequent visitor but used to do a fair bit of drinking around the area and played pool for the Midland on Wollaton/Ilkeston Road. Think that's a student Chinese restaurant now? I think I read the Plough was going to make way for even more student accommodation as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Bollox you weren’t
    I was born in 1973 so I was not old enough for boozing.

Hughton

Sacked

With Hughton sacked, talkSport mostly talking about Steve Cooper as the replacement. John Terry still being linked despite apparently ruling himself out earlier.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast