+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Them o'er river

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    So they didn't actually sack anyone in 2018

It's grim reading for a redneck that. Very few of those having a full pre season and season.

Unfortunately our own turn over isn't any better. There's got to be a time when clubs realise you have to give managers time.
    Since 2011 it is Forest 16 managers (not including caretakers) and us 13.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Since 2011 it is Forest 16 managers (not including caretakers) and us 13.
    We might well be level with them were it not for Reedtz and Reedtz.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    In more recent times our turnover has been ok. Ardley got a fair crack of the whip and Birchnall will. I have seen a massive number of comments from rednecks on social media to the tune of expecting the likes of Eddie Howe or Big Sam to come in and manage them. Their club obviously has a lot of broken things in it just like Notts did and to a lesser extent I assume still does. The expectation level of their fan base is funny as they are much closer to being a league one club than a premiership one. I constantly see them signing players and think "who hell he". They seem to have a lot of dysfunctionality in there somewhere. I don't wish to seem arrogant but they could probably learn a lot about the demise of Notts and our slow and steady return to rebuilding the club, its fan base, confidence and a new way of going about things. I'm still moderately confident that when that happens over t' river we will meet in the middle somewhere and give them a spanking!
    Let's call it very recent times, or the Reedtz time in charge. Thank goodness.

I never include interim/caretaker managers in the numbers excluding them it's a shocking amount. We were until recently almost as bad and both clubs have declined during that same time period. It ain't a coincidence folks.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Let's call it very recent times, or the Reedtz time in charge. Thank goodness.

I never include interim/caretaker managers in the numbers excluding them it's a shocking amount. We were until recently almost as bad and both clubs have declined during that same time period. It ain't a coincidence folks.
    Our appalling record is largely a symptom of having the Trews running the club. Of course everything that went before played some part that shrank with time, Munto all the way back to employing Tommy Lawton as manager, but the Trews were here for 8 years or whatever it was, Arsley for 3. Most of the people who do real damage to Notts we recognise and manage to flush down the toilet within a year to 18 months, but those giant turds caused a lasting stench that will probably take many many years to get rid of. The Reedtz have proved to be a reasonably effective air freshener so far but they need to get the door open.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 17-09-2021 at 09:37 AM.

According to Sky Sports its Notts County who have had the most managers in history - 57 men have taken charge of the club.
    Second is Crystal Palace with 55
    Third Walsall with 54
    Fourth Carlisle with 50

Mansfield 22nd with 40
    and Fword 42nd with 36...

Not something to be proud of me thinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    According to Sky Sports its Notts County who have had the most managers in history - 57 men have taken charge of the club.
    Second is Crystal Palace with 55
    Third Walsall with 54
    Fourth Carlisle with 50

Mansfield 22nd with 40
    and Fword 42nd with 36...

Not something to be proud of me thinks...
    We’ve been going longer than them five though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    s
    One fifth of those employed by a man declared to be "not fit and proper and a serious defaulter" by Labour abuse officials and rejected by a smaller club than Notts questioning his motives when he tried to buy them, assisted at Notts by a former chairman of a club at the time they were double relegated to tier 6 as punishment. 11 managers appointed in 6 years.

I've strayed off topic a bit, but to bring it back full circle from Trew to Fword - We were talking about Fword fan's humour earlier up the thread, I'd now like to publicly thank them for nicknaming Trew and forever more associating him with Rolf Harris.

Him and Jim Rodwell were just two little boys.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    Him and Jim Rodwell were just two little boys.
    I laughed, we shouldn't though. Let's not forget what happened to the man they appointed as their supporters liaison officer. We go on about Russell King but the Trews really were no better in many respects. We have been associated with some awful characters this century and, incredbly, nearly ended up with another in "Alex May". I really do hope it works out for the current owners who seem thoroughly decent, but at the end of the day they have to be successful and it's one of the most difficult tasks Notts have ever faced.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast