+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham - v - Leeds United ***EFL 3rd Round***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Great to win, but really happy it wasn't one of the kids that missed penalties. Just for confidence reasons. They took theirs superbly. 👍
    That they did.

Creswell Meslier best for me Firpo well very poor again Roberts was Roberts Rod lively but for the money paid should have had a hattrick poor finishing. Dallas is very tired Phillips solid James once again no support from Firpo Summer was ok.
    We call them kids but Creswell was a giant and that kid coming on looks like 14 is nearly as tall as Cres. Kids my foot lol

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure I care about the result, we put u23s into the sudden death section of penalties, after playing them in 1st team competitions for f00k all time. THATS supposed to be managing the youth FFS?????

Glad we made it, cracking penalties from the U23 grads, shame on the senior players AND Bielsa for putting them in position where going through depended one one kick from them, disgraceful.
    But if the first 5 takers did their job, we wouldn't have needed the kids! Did you want them to go first? 🙄 They had to take them in the end how it unfolded ffs!...

Great to win, but really happy it wasn't one of the kids that missed penalties. Just for confidence reasons. They took theirs superbly. ��
    After what happened to England and you know the African players these 2 kids were set up to fail but showed composure beyond their years.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Creswell Meslier best for me Firpo well very poor again Roberts was Roberts Rod lively but for the money paid should have had a hattrick poor finishing. Dallas is very tired Phillips solid James once again no support from Firpo Summer was ok.
    We call them kids but Creswell was a giant and that kid coming on looks like 14 is nearly as tall as Cres. Kids my foot lol
    "If they are good enough, they are old enough". Liverpool kids took Norwich apart this evening, we have players with similar capabilities (SIMILAR, not the same, before Tich and others clung on my back), we just need a management that trusts them.

Kids showed they had bottle

Thought we would get turned over tonight so getting through is brilliant especially with the kids being part of it.

West Ham next!

MOT

Was watching on hesgoal on my phone in hotel room in blighty.....hence unable to address some of the 5hite directed my way. Yes, my bank account is bulging and I too experienced the ever changing lingo on the dodgy stream. Our finishing it unbefknlievable. Youngsters done well. Firpo is a ballroot. Lucky win, but nice to be on receiving end for a change. Rev is blitzed again and I'm still munching.

But if the first 5 takers did their job, we wouldn't have needed the kids! Did you want them to go first? 🙄 They had to take them in the end how it unfolded ffs!...
    You misread what I posted. It absolutely was the senior players responsibility to take and convert their penalty, they didn't. My criticism is aimed at those who missed, but more particularly at whoever (presumably Bielsa, but whoever), gave the first sudden death penalty to an U23 grad who has played less than 15 minutes of 1st team time since joining the club, and followed with another who has played not much more. THAT is and was a disgraceful and totally irresponsible action, given the possible consequences to either or both had they missed, clear now?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    After what happened to England and you know the African players these 2 kids were set up to fail but showed composure beyond their years.
    Didn't they just. Maybe some "senior" players could learn a thing or two from their "underlings"?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You misread what I posted. It absolutely was the senior players responsibility to take and convert their penalty, they didn't. My criticism is aimed at those who missed, but more particularly at whoever (presumably Bielsa, but whoever), gave the first sudden death penalty to an U23 grad who has played less than 15 minutes of 1st team time since joining the club, and followed with another who has played not much more. THAT is and was a disgraceful and totally irresponsible action, given the possible consequences to either or both had they missed, clear now?
    I suspect Bielsa was hoping it wouldn't come to them taking one; f they had taken the first couple the pressure would still have been theree; bottom line they delivered so perhaps he knew to have faith in them - in reality we should have done a Brentford on them

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)