+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin appeals 12 point deduction

Admin appeals 12 point deduction

..... what it says on the tin

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58868575

I read that, and have to say (a) I'm not convinced that there are grounds and (b) doing so will simply encourage the EFL to dig their heels in on the FFP breach penalty.

Still its another few hundred thousands of the taxmans money going!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I read that, and have to say (a) I'm not convinced that there are grounds and (b) doing so will simply encourage the EFL to dig their heels in on the FFP breach penalty.

Still its another few hundred thousands of the taxmans money going!
    It smacks of stalling tactics.
    The longer they can dwell on the original 12 points penalty, nothing else goes on.

I don't agree with either the appeal or the reason given. Using my regular phrase, suck it up buttercup.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It smacks of stalling tactics.
    The longer they can dwell on the original 12 points penalty, nothing else goes on.
    So, basically, what you wrote is that, as long as we are appealing the 12 points deduction, the EFL can't deduct us a number of points for exceeding FFP on one or more 3 year cycles.

Is that what you meant?

If it is I believe you are wrong. The two aren't/shouldn't be connected as they are separate charges.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    So, basically, what you wrote is that, as long as we are appealing the 12 points deduction, the EFL can't deduct us a number of points for exceeding FFP on one or more 3 year cycles.

Is that what you meant?

If it is I believe you are wrong. The two aren't/shouldn't be connected as they are separate charges.
    Yes Maddy I know that. But the belief is, that you have had 12 points deducted now. The other 9 are at their pleasure for the books + 3 for any further failings.

I was told, they may sit on them this season and give them you them next season. Of course Sheff Weds/Wycombe aren't happy anyway. The both suffered for the stalling last last season. This latest stall, could see another back lash.
    No way the EFL are letting this go.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yes Maddy I know that. But the belief is, that you have had 12 points deducted now. The other 9 are at their pleasure for the books + 3 for any further failings.

I was told, they may sit on them this season and give them you them next season. Of course Sheff Weds/Wycombe aren't happy anyway. The both suffered for the stalling last last season. This latest stall, could see another back lash.
    No way the EFL are letting this go.
    Derby stalling last season?

Who brought the charges? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to convene the disciplinary committee? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to deliver the original verdict? Derby or the EFL disciplinary committee?
    Who took almost the entire 28 day period to decide to appeal the accounting question but not the ground sale? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took forever to convene the appeal hearing? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took another age to deliver the appeal verdict? Derby or the EFL?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Derby stalling last season?

Who brought the charges? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to convene the disciplinary committee? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took ages to deliver the original verdict? Derby or the EFL disciplinary committee?
    Who took almost the entire 28 day period to decide to appeal the accounting question but not the ground sale? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took forever to convene the appeal hearing? Derby or the EFL?
    Who took another age to deliver the appeal verdict? Derby or the EFL?
    One answer, submitting the accounts. Derby/EFL?

The request to resubmit the 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 accounts wasn't made until AFTER last season ended. In fact, until AFTER the appeal verdict was released.

If you're referring to more recent accounts, they weren't submitted to Companies House, to the best of my knowledge, because the EFL verdict would probably mean them having to be changed.....

So the answer to your question is both DCFC AND the EFL.

Now, You aske, I answered. I asked and your response was a question. How about answering the questions?

Maddy I can dance around with that lot all day.
    The simple fact is The EFL can and has moved at its own speed as it sees fit. It makes the rules.
    I only have to go back to jan 2020 when Birmingham were clobbered immediately. Derby with such a tangled mess of deception has dragged this out forever.
    For me, lasy season was an injustice on Wycombe and I blame the EFL for that. They should have been as decisive with DCFC as they had been with others.
    The fact we still haven't actually issued those punishments for last seasons offences, leaves many questions.
    Are they covering up their own inadequacies? Are they staving off legal action from those who suffered?

No denying for me, DCFC have been abusing the rules for years.
    The **** show with the stadium confirmed that.

They like hiding behind section 92 though, where they may make a decision at any time and make more than one decision at anytime. Hardy fair on those that got clobbered so quickly.

reminder. https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...morris-3749812

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)