+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Season so far

I blame Bielsa and the management for our lack of depth in the midfield area 100% as we all saw it and foresaw this happening.

However, with a fully fit squad (even 1/2 injuries) I am more than confident of our ability, I'd like to see any team in this league be missing their 3 best players + 3 other starters and do well.

That said, I have no excuse for Southampton performance it was up there with the worst of our championship efforts and what was most galling about it was that it was against such a bad side.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I blame Bielsa and the management for our lack of depth in the midfield area 100% as we all saw it and foresaw this happening.

However, with a fully fit squad (even 1/2 injuries) I am more than confident of our ability, I'd like to see any team in this league be missing their 3 best players + 3 other starters and do well.

That said, I have no excuse for Southampton performance it was up there with the worst of our championship efforts and what was most galling about it was that it was against such a bad side.
    Agree with you on just about everything joel, except I don't share your supreme confidence in our "best" players. I do think if they are fit and playing, we will avoid relegation, but that's about the extent of my confidence. Just really disappointed that we didn't kick on from last season. Did not replace Alioski with someone with the same speed, stamina and skill. Did not replace Pablo Hernandez at all. Tyler Roberts has filled his position a few times, and one should not say those 2 names in the same sentence. Rodrigo has been disappointing and Dallas should always play an advanced position. He should not play in the backline. We need him in attack. That really is the sum of it. Sort these things out and we will thrive. Dont, and we will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    tool.
    Well at least I'm not the kind of tool that suggested Casilla, JKA, Rodrigo and Koch were "good bit(s) of business", ring bells?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Well at least I'm not the kind of tool that suggested Casilla, JKA, Rodrigo and Koch were "good bit(s) of business", ring bells?
    Isn't that football related? 😀 Would have bet anything I own that the posting restraint wouldn't last long. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Isn't that football related? �� Would have bet anything I own that the posting restraint wouldn't last long. ��
    Nope, just a comment about the quality of judgement of a fellow poster (who is never wrong, or at least never admits to it). No more to say.

'Leeds is not a fanbase on the verge of turning - as many have recognised frustration and belief can co-exist with common sense opinions aired' I've just been reading'.

As fellow match Leeds fan/journalist Lee Sobot & YEP writers Graham Smyth & Joe Urquhart [who all read this forum daily] would admit - Football unifies and divides in equal measure & accusations of 'happy clapping' will be as prevalent as charges of disloyalty or a lack of faith but the reaction of match going supporters should be given equal importance to whatever is said online in the wake of a defeat.

From my ER seat behind the bench I can assure that Mr Bielsa can speak clear English when it is required in the heat of the action & his assistants quite clearly also pass on instructions in appropriate languages if a technical point needs addressing.

Food for thought when certain football related opinions are 'dished out'.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    'Leeds is not a fanbase on the verge of turning - as many have recognised frustration and belief can co-exist with common sense opinions aired' I've just been reading'.

As fellow match Leeds fan/journalist Lee Sobot & YEP writers Graham Smyth & Joe Urquhart [who all read this forum daily] would admit - Football unifies and divides in equal measure & accusations of 'happy clapping' will be as prevalent as charges of disloyalty or a lack of faith but the reaction of match going supporters should be given equal importance to whatever is said online in the wake of a defeat.

From my ER seat behind the bench I can assure that Mr Bielsa can speak clear English when it is required in the heat of the action & his assistants quite clearly also pass on instructions in appropriate languages if a technical point needs addressing.

Food for thought when certain football related opinions are 'dished out'.

When all players are fully fit we have a top half mid table first XI that on any given can scare the top 4 if on song.

Our problem is that there is not yet enough quality on the subs bench to cope with significant injuries to key players.

Also a lot of players are performing at their maximum in this league so if they have an off day they struggle.

Football also is sport so it has a lot of variability (as much as most major team sports and the favourite is less likely to win than in most other ball games).

If we were perfect every week it would be boring. The talent in the younger ranks looks great so we need to survive for 2 seasons to allow that to come through and flourish.

Positive from Saturday - when Joffy came on he showed a bit more aggression and hard to knock off the ball - wonder if that means he may get a start as so long as the ball isn’t hooded he is good at holding it up.

There are definitely teams worse than us in this league just got to start putting points on the board to show it.

See we are linked to a RB which may say something about Ayling’s injury.

Pile of hyperbolic tripe of the highest order (again, no comment on the actual performance as none is required). Man needs to speak English and use English idioms, stop f00king about when he knows full well what English is being spoken and equally well how to reply, just doesn't want to and uses the language "barrier" as a defence against criticism, just like Pichetino did until he realised it was counterproductive, which is what it is at Leeds. End of
    Love the way when WTF11 "Flounces" with a "Never coming back" sort of pet lip out sulk - he inevitably returns - he's just on the perifery at the moment but mark my words, he will be back with avengance soon enough lol! - He cannot help it, it's in his opinionated DNA.

Nope, just a comment about the quality of judgement of a fellow poster (who is never wrong, or at least never admits to it). No more to say.
    WHAT! You stating another poster is never wrong - takes the ****ing biscuit that does.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    When all players are fully fit we have a top half mid table first XI that on any given can scare the top 4 if on song.

Our problem is that there is not yet enough quality on the subs bench to cope with significant injuries to key players.

Also a lot of players are performing at their maximum in this league so if they have an off day they struggle.

Football also is sport so it has a lot of variability (as much as most major team sports and the favourite is less likely to win than in most other ball games).

If we were perfect every week it would be boring. The talent in the younger ranks looks great so we need to survive for 2 seasons to allow that to come through and flourish.

Positive from Saturday - when Joffy came on he showed a bit more aggression and hard to knock off the ball - wonder if that means he may get a start as so long as the ball isn’t hooded he is good at holding it up.

There are definitely teams worse than us in this league just got to start putting points on the board to show it.

See we are linked to a RB which may say something about Ayling’s injury.
    The thing is, start of the season the team bar Koch was fully fit and same crappy perfomances. Our form started early and carried through the real stuff. People say last season but if you look carefully last season we were letting in just as many goals but we were able to score. This season we are coping goals but can't score. So therefore we have not improved defensively and gone backwards with our scoring. How people can say but last season is beyond me it's the now that matters, not the past.
    I have always stated defence is the making of a team the rest flaws and as I see it right now only Laurente and Meslier are any good the rest can be replaced. Pat looks so slow but he isn't a CB, the guy is mid and while we cry for mids he plays CB. Creswell proved he can handle the class and is far better than Cooper, again people will say but he's young inexperienced and I say what Bollox as to how do you get experience if you don't play when you have shown you can handle it?
    This manager has shown his hand with one plan and whilst it's going good it looks good. He has shown his stubbornness by playing crap players and players that aren't performing. We have 4 great players we can build a great team by bringing in players of the right calibre to compliment them. It has to be done now not in 2+3 years time when they have aged or moved on.
    Don't be fooled this form is real and if other teams around us start lifting their game we will be in a dog fight as I only see Norwich not doing anything as they are happy to take the money and go back down to come up again for more money.
    These are my thoughts.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)