+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A'thing hearts

Good performance today.
    What a difference a few days can make.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just one wee moan

We’ve absolutely no pace up front at all.
    Can we not try that lad from Wolves through the middle?
    Nah, not true DD. Watkins was pretty much playing up in a 2 with Ramirez (or a 3 with Hedges). Our issues came when Ramirez was playing up top on his own earlier in the season.

Watkins was often in a more advanced role than Ramirez was today.

You’d have to leave one of those three out for Samuels - based on the last week, no ta…

Great performance, credit where it is due to Glass and his team, they have turned it around.
    Brooner is starting to show his quality, he has been well up for the last 3 games.
    Watkins, once fully fit is going to be a quality player for us.
    Well chuffed with 7 out of 9, which should have been 9 out of 9.
    COYR

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Nah, not true DD. Watkins was pretty much playing up in a 2 with Ramirez (or a 3 with Hedges). Our issues came when Ramirez was playing up top on his own earlier in the season.

Watkins was often in a more advanced role than Ramirez was today.

You’d have to leave one of those three out for Samuels - based on the last week, no ta…
    I didn’t mean from the start.
    I thought Watkins played really well today but he’s hardly speedy.

Good enough performance today and a fully deserved 3 points. Good to hear Glass praise them and Allan Russell at the end of the match. The coaching team obviously work hard and are now getting rewarded for their efforts more than before. Well done Dons!

What a difference a week makes. From pretty much everyone calling for the head of the manager to almost universal satisfaction and belief in the group and the prawcess!

Is it coincidence that we have achieved this without our much hyped young full backs?

Not having a go at them just wondering if the more experienced players have made us more solid defensively and have a bit more game savvy about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Is it coincidence that we have achieved this without our much hyped young full backs?
    Ramsay will off corner duty I reckon.

Really enjoyed that today, best we have played since the early European games. The rendition of Hertz, Hertz are falling apart, again was most satisfying!! Brown and Watkins were immense I thought.

Having said that, can't help sitting here with a what might have been feeling. Our record against the current top 6 is good with 3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat, but compares abysmally with a record of 1 win, 1 draw and 4 defeats against the bottom 6 teams. In a season where there is not a decent team in the league, what an opportunity we have passed up to be comfortably clear at the top of the league with a genuine chance of winning the league.

Having said that if we can repeat 7 points out of 9 in the next 3 games that will see us well placed with 8 out of the following 10 games against bottom six teams, where if we play like we played today we will surely win the huge majority of those games and who knows how close we may be to the top of the league if all the other teams keep chucking away points like they have been recently.

To hell with the one game at a time cliche, let's dream big!!

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I didn’t mean from the start.
    I thought Watkins played really well today but he’s hardly speedy.
    Ah got you. Aye, he could be a decent option pace wise coming on. Went with Hayes today though.

Watkins is pretty rapid mind. Don’t underestimate his pace. It’s more than decent like…

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    What a difference a week makes. From pretty much everyone calling for the head of the manager to almost universal satisfaction and belief in the group and the prawcess!

Not having a go at them just wondering if the more experienced players have made us more solid defensively and have a bit more game savvy about them.
    No its because we went with three at the back,when the young eens are fit again i'd take Ojo out (he's still shiite) and replace him with Ramsay,i'd maybe even swap Bates(he's shiite too) with Mackenzie in the back three and keep Campbell at left wingback

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast