+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas leccy and green agenda

Gas leccy and green agenda

My gas and elec was £95 per month, ate through credit this year as with bulb and don't want to be too much in credit to a comp in admin

They tried to put it up to £150 pm....obviously didn't allow that and it's £120 now......but if my experience is indicative of what's happening (remember new boiler and fully insulated) some folk must be pushing £300 pm in bigger older houses

Cost of living gonna be a massive election issue but all the main parties and Doris are signed up to green agenda

Tories win votes by stopping this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    My gas and elec was £95 per month, ate through credit this year as with bulb and don't want to be too much in credit to a comp in admin

They tried to put it up to £150 pm....obviously didn't allow that and it's £120 now......but if my experience is indicative of what's happening (remember new boiler and fully insulated) some folk must be pushing £300 pm in bigger older houses

Cost of living gonna be a massive election issue but all the main parties and Doris are signed up to green agenda

It is very difficult to argue against green initiatives. Seems to me you are in the same boat as an anti vaccer. Everyone knows or has been told why carbon neutral is essential for our continui g existence e on planet Earth. Not one single tree hugger ever tells you how they are going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It is very difficult to argue against green initiatives. Seems to me you are in the same boat as an anti vaccer. Everyone knows or has been told why carbon neutral is essential for our continui g existence e on planet Earth. Not one single tree hugger ever tells you how they are going to do it.
    It's not, it's a bit like the Omicron tsunami....ain't happening.

The green agenda is pushed by wealthy folk who haven't had to worry about a bill in their puff.

Talking about 2k a year AVE bill when cap is lifted next month......that's outrageous.

Mr Hitchens has been banging on about this for best part of a decade, chickens are now coming home to roost....while China, India, Russia carry on as they please ordinary folk in this country pick up the tab to make our politicians feel better about themselves

But like the greens led by the parasite Harvie. They show no regard for the cost of their policies.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    But like the greens led by the parasite Harvie. They show no regard for the cost of their policies.
    Cost isn't a consideration for them, their agenda doesn't consider the cost in currency, lives or society - only in their personal feel good factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Cost isn't a consideration for them, their agenda doesn't consider the cost in currency, lives or society - only in their personal feel good factor.
    Well how are we going to combat this? Being angry and moaning isn't going to work. It looks like MSM is fully signed up behind Sir David Attenborough and the rest. Surely there are scientists who can demolish the fantasy economics. Don't need to be rude just ask how the Green proposals are going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    The Greens led by that parasite Harvie are very anti business rather than trying to save the planet.
    Harvie is also keen on the LGBTQ+ mob and thinks that there is nothing wrong with cycling the wrong way down a one way street.
    Yet another useless Scottish politician who is only interested in his own agenda and could not give a toss about anyone else.

Well how are we going to combat this? Being angry and moaning isn't going to work. It looks like MSM is fully signed up behind Sir David Attenborough and the rest. Surely there are scientists who can demolish the fantasy economics. Don't need to be rude just ask how the Green proposals are going to work.
    Sir David Attenborough is gong to get a shock when he discovers that Prince Charles is part of the problem regarding global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

I have known about this problem about domestic gas and electricity customers having to pay an extra eight per cent of their gas and electricity bills to pay for the feed in tariff payments to everyone who has a solar panel and wind turbine(s)for about ten years. We are also paying for the cost of making payments to wind farm owners when they are asked to switch off their wind turbines when there is a too much electricity being produced.
    I first noticed it when I was looking at my father’s electricity and gas bills which he received by post as he did not have a computer.
    After noticing this extra charge on domestic gas and electricity bills I had a letter published in the Islay Community newspaper The Ileach highlighting this problem which was increasing the cost of electricity bills (there is no mains gas on the island) and advising that domestic electricity customers were paying an extra 8% on their quarterly bills to pay for the cost of social tariffs, and paying the cost of the feed in tariffs to people who had solar panels, wind turbines and companies who own wind farms.
    The EU bureaucrats also insisted that the U.K. government charged a minimum of 5% VAT on all domestic Gas, Electricity and Heating Oil bills as one of the rules of the U.K. being a member of the EU.
    In my letter I stated that all social tariffs and payments for feed in tariffs for electricity produced by solar panels, wind turbines and these hideous wind farms should be paid by central taxation.
    Needless to say there were no replies to my letter because the Ileachs never complain about anything until it is too late.
    Since then it has got worse as the SNP controlled Scottish Government have been hell bent in granting planning permission for nearly every large scale wind farm development. These clowns at Holyrood do not seem to realise that in an independent Scotland the cost of electricity and gas bills will increase in price as there are a lot more wind farms in Scotland per head of population than in the rest of the U.K. who are currently effectively subsidising Scottish domestic electricity and gas customers in tne social tariff element of their bills.
    There does not appear to be a social tariff in heating oil bills which only show the cost per litre of heating oil purchased plus VAT of 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Give the Green List MSPs are hard time by continually complaining to them about their policies and ask them to explain how ordinary people are going to pay for them.
    Ms Maggie Chapman is the Green list MSP for North East Scotland which includes Dundee and Angus.
    Dundee FC supporters may remember Ms Maggie Chapman who put a major spanner in the works regarding the construction of the Regional Sports Centre at Caird Park which was to be a joint venture between Dundee Football Club and Dundee City Council. I think that it might have actually been a joint venture between Dundee City Council and Dark Blue Properties Holdings Limited (DBPHL) as DBPHL incorporated as a company on 28th May 2015 when the Caird Park Regional Sports Centre was still going ahead.
    I remember reading that Ms Maggie Chapman complained about several trees having to felled and encourage a group called Save Caird Park to complain vociferously resulting in the joint venture being scrapped.
    However Ms Maggie Chapman is another politician with double standards.
    She did not object to the current sports centre being built at Caird Park because it contained the construction of a district heating scheme. This is where Green MSPs and the ‘save the planet’ mob become hypocrites.
    They are happy for a wood fired district heating scheme to be built because they consider that a tree which takes 20 years to grow which is then burnt in a day is a carbon neutral cost to the environment.
    What a stupid idea as they will soon run out of trees which take 20 years to grow to power a wood fired district heating system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)