+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Away

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Believe it or not, rumours are circulating that this is make or break for Tam with a replacement coming in.

Fox and Asghar Jnr are staying though, seemingly
    Would be totally against this for now.

One of the main reasons is he looks like he always wants to play players in their proper position, his main problem is the recruitment has limited us to playing a certain way, for example we do not see Tam trying to play CM's on the wing like past managers just so we can try a 442 for a few games. When managers do that, that to me suggests they they are not confident in what they are doing and hoping something sticks. I think Tam would play a different way if he had the players to do it successfully. He is sticking to his guns, believes in what he's doing and has us 7th in the league. If he is to go, it certainly shouldn't be after this weekend

Believe it or not, rumours are circulating that this is make or break for Tam with a replacement coming in.

I hate this: 'one game to save their job' pish. If the powers at Tannadice (or anywhere else for that matter) get to thinking like this it's past time to do something.

Who's the rumoured replacement like? McPoke?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    One of the main reasons is he looks like he always wants to play players in their proper position, his main problem is the recruitment has limited us to playing a certain way, for example we do not see Tam trying to play CM's on the wing like past managers just so we can try a 442 for a few games.
    He's definitely not as bad as Mellon was, but in recent weeks he's played Lewis Neilson at Right Back, is playing Watt on the left wing and Clark seems to change position every game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    He's definitely not as bad as Mellon was, but in recent weeks he's played Lewis Neilson at Right Back, is playing Watt on the left wing and Clark seems to change position every game.
    To be fair I think Watt played most of his games for Well in this position...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    .........................Benji
    .....Smith Edwards The Butch McMann
    Niskanen Mcdonald Akinola Levitt Sporle
    .........................Watt

2 wingers,1 striker and support from the middle.........0-3 lump it on.
    That's a massive risk for two glaring reasons,we have no idea if Akinola is any good(has he ever played a first team game?) and two is McDonald match fit enough to play away v a team desperate for the points?.To be fair though is no like me or Tam have got the answers either mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Tbf Watt has played wide left all season for Motherwell. Freeman's been injured and Smith was out. Clark I'll give you 100%. He should never be anywhere near the midfield.

Along with your good self i was vociferous in my criticism of the club(Tony) as we awaited Tam's coronation however this is no way for the club to conduct its business.

I sincerely hope that its not true and i agree with Terence regarding the one game to save yourself model.If it is true then we will have a limited pool to pick from if any candidate is being told who his NO2 and NO3 are before his interview.There will still be many desperate for work who will accept Tony's rules but dare i suggest they will have CV's full of past failures.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I hate this: 'one game to save their job' pish. If the powers at Tannadice (or anywhere else for that matter) get to thinking like this it's past time to do something.
    Agree - it is a clear sign of failed leadership and management. I don't really know if I believe it but its come from OA so am concerned. Now isn't the time to rid of us of Tam, if he needs some guidance in right direction he has quite a few experienced players there and I'm sure sir Craig would help out on a consultancy basis if needed. Of course we only see the disaster that is on the pitch and it has been but Smith some mitigating circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Agree - it is a clear sign of failed leadership and management. I don't really know if I believe it but its come from OA so am concerned. Now isn't the time to rid of us of Tam, if he needs some guidance in right direction he has quite a few experienced players there and I'm sure sir Craig would help out on a consultancy basis if needed. Of course we only see the disaster that is on the pitch and it has been but Smith some mitigating circumstances.
    OA did tell us with great confidence that McInnes was our next manager so.......

.......actually, come to think of it, so did you! 🤪🤣

But no, I agree. Equal points with 6th place and now the manager has had his hands tied behind his back for the rest of the season because of January's cost cutting in recruitment. I'd be against any such move.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)