+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin

As long as Ping is in my team.

Lethal as an indoor fitba player, he could kick you up to 10 times per second.

Nae bad for a goalie.

Plus, I can see the headlines about Ramirez being out for weeks having busted his ankle, getting it caught in those f'uckin wall bars while speeding down the wing.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 22-02-2022 at 10:41 AM.

A new manager coming in has certainly given this place a lift.
    There's a real buzz on here now...

Did I see blue seats in the Main Stand in the background to the managers interview?

I was unconvinced when Goodwin was first touted as a candidate and am even less convinced now. Nothing I'd seen at St Mirren inspired me with hope that this would be a good appointment - yes they got some of their very infrequent wins vs. us but generally by playing the eye-bleeding typical lower SPFL level football that most Dons fans - and our learned board - do not want to see.

Look, McInnes had probably reached the end of the road (and probably had for a year or two) but it makes no sense to get rid of him and replace him with a McInnes-lite one year later. Especially not having made a big song and dance at board + fan level about the 'style of play' and spending money to move in a different direction. Glass was an unconvincing appointment (and did seem out of his depth in the end) but at least fitted this plan and I think we were all willing to give it a try. He even had his moments in some games against Rangers, Hearts and Hibs. But now it has been dumped and we are back to a "we need more aggression, more size, more running" style envious of Neilson's Hearts team - just with a less convincing, less well-connected and less proven version of what we had before.

One of our chairman's favourite business-speak phrases is "we might be wrong but we won't be confused" - well what is this if not confusion.

I've been a 'happy clapper' signed up to DNA since it started - being based overseas it felt a good way to support without having a season ticket and with relative stability on the pitch and in management it felt the extra budget could really make a small but important difference.
    But with the money wasted over the last year to get back to a worse place than we started, it will be my last season.

It’s not a great start, is it? That performance last night would go straight into my top 10 Aberdeen horror shows. Clearly it’s not all Goodwins fault but there doesn’t seem to be any reaction from the players, which is a worry. If Ramirez gets injured, we’re f*cked

Maybe Jamie Langfield coming back will galvanise the whole club

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Some of us forward thinking posters championed him a few years back

His assistant is also a friend. I'd fully expect to be dishing out insider info soon.
    I heard he was particularly bad at training. Any inside info to put my mind at rest?

I suppose we all need to cut him a little slack.

His comments about how the team need to progress have a point of course, we do need to toughen up.

The thought of being turned into a better funded Livingston doesn't sit well though.

Perhaps that's not what he really means ( clutching at straws smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I heard he was particularly bad at training. Any inside info to put my mind at rest?
    Not doubting the honesty of your source but how can he be bad at training? Did he forget his whistle on the first day? Did he make them watch an old 80's health and safety video?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not doubting the honesty of your source but how can he be bad at training? Did he forget his whistle on the first day? Did he make them watch an old 80's health and safety video?
    I don’t know to be fair, suppose all players have their preferences about how they train. Just heard the two of them were shyte at taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzMillerTime_Dons View Post
    I was unconvinced when Goodwin was first touted as a candidate and am even less convinced now. Nothing I'd seen at St Mirren inspired me with hope that this would be a good appointment - yes they got some of their very infrequent wins vs. us but generally by playing the eye-bleeding typical lower SPFL level football that most Dons fans - and our learned board - do not want to see.

Look, McInnes had probably reached the end of the road (and probably had for a year or two) but it makes no sense to get rid of him and replace him with a McInnes-lite one year later. Especially not having made a big song and dance at board + fan level about the 'style of play' and spending money to move in a different direction. Glass was an unconvincing appointment (and did seem out of his depth in the end) but at least fitted this plan and I think we were all willing to give it a try. He even had his moments in some games against Rangers, Hearts and Hibs. But now it has been dumped and we are back to a "we need more aggression, more size, more running" style envious of Neilson's Hearts team - just with a less convincing, less well-connected and less proven version of what we had before.

One of our chairman's favourite business-speak phrases is "we might be wrong but we won't be confused" - well what is this if not confusion.

I've been a 'happy clapper' signed up to DNA since it started - being based overseas it felt a good way to support without having a season ticket and with relative stability on the pitch and in management it felt the extra budget could really make a small but important difference.
    But with the money wasted over the last year to get back to a worse place than we started, it will be my last season.
    It's hard to disagree with any of that, I am in exactly the same boat with residing overseas and doing what I can to support the club with my annual donation if you want to call it that.
    The day we appointed Goodwin I pulled the plug on my red tv International subscription that I have had for over 15 years (have already had refund from the club) wont do DNA next season.
    The club have just appointed Jim Derek McInnes Goodwin and it was without a doubt a lazy appointment, and one which is going to have horrendous consequences.

Thank you Mr Cormack you pr1ck, the alarm bells were sounding in my ears about this wanna be american w@nker the day he named the new training facility of Aberdeen Football Club after himself, who the fk actually does that sh1t

Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast