+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: New Buyer Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I really, really wish I lived in your world of fairy godmothers and pink unicorns rA, but who is going to "step in" - the administrators role is to find a rescuer they are not just titting around waiting for a miracle to come riding over the horizon If the price goes low enough someone will take a punt, but that may well come with more penalties.

Classic.

It will be the fault of the Tories soon and Brexit.
    (this is a joke RA, before you explode)

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m sure you’re right about it not being ‘uncommon for a company to be in administration for 12 months’, Swale...is it not the case though that when, as in the case of DCFC, the organisation/company/club is going to suffer ever increasing penalties/punishment - and even possible liquidation - as a direct result of the length of time taken, that someone needs to step in?

We were told weeks ago that the Middlesbrough ‘resolution’ was to be the turning point but it just seems to have been, yet another, false dawn.
    I don't think its the time taken to resolve the matter rA, the EFL seem satisfied that the club can operate until the end of the season. The further penalties (15 pts deduction I think) would only come if the club came out of administration with a deal that saw creditors receive less than 25p in the £1 and/or football creditors not getting their full amount!

Hence why its taking time - if the only bids would result in a 15pt penalty, maybe the Administrators are playing it clever, hoping the club avoids relegation and the penalty is applied next season in the championship rather than League 1?

I do find it difficult to believe that they do not now know the final bids, the question is are they good enough? Does the club survive but pay a further penalty, or is it liquidation?

I really, really wish I lived in your world of fairy godmothers and pink unicorns rA, but who is going to "step in" - the administrators role is to find a rescuer they are not just titting around waiting for a miracle to come riding over the horizon If the price goes low enough someone will take a punt, but that may well come with more penalties.
    Nowt to do with fairy godmothers and unicorns, pink or otherwise, GP. I don’t believe in them any more than you.
    I thought the ‘rescuer’ or ‘miracle’ - whichever you wish to call it - was a prospective buyer. Thought that was the point...but so far the four or five that have shown interest all seem to have either been frightened off or be indulging in a level of ‘brinkmanship which is harming rather than saving us.
    Again I have to question the integrity and suitability of any potential owner who will only step in once the price has dropped low enough meaning that next season is ****ed too.

Integrity and suitability....of getting the best price. Yes it may rupture next season but maybe the potential owners are playing the long game? Or maybe they just naturally have a screw loose.

Let's just look at the logic of buying a football club... and the almost certainty of losing a shed load of money every year in so doing. Then let's consider the sense of buying a club with huge debts, one that has won **** all in over 40byears....

See where I'm going here - you can't apply normal rules of logic in buying a club, especially a crippled one

Integrity and suitability....of getting the best price. Yes it may rupture next season but maybe the potential owners are playing the long game? Or maybe they just naturally have a screw loose.

Let's just look at the logic of buying a football club... and the almost certainty of losing a shed load of money every year in so doing. Then let's consider the sense of buying a club with huge debts, one that has won **** all in over 40byears....

See where I'm going here - you can't apply normal rules of logic in buying a club, especially a crippled one
    Bit of a case of moving the goalposts, GP...but I can only agree.
    Never really understood what motivates people to buy football clubs...other than a bizarre mixture of extreme wealth and ego.
    Our ‘crippled’ condition and the current situation in Europe can’t help at all...as Chelski are doubtless discovering. Welcome to Wayne’s world.

Aha, the current situation in Europe is to blame: Brexit! So it's all Johnson's fault the DCFC cannot be saved 😃. Strange how everything comes back to one focus

Aha, the current situation in Europe is to blame: Brexit! So it's all Johnson's fault the DCFC cannot be saved ��. Strange how everything comes back to one focus
    I give up. Your ‘end game’ and logic is as difficult to understand as Putin’s but...to be clear...my reference to the ‘current situation in Europe’ was to impending war...not Brexit.

Aha, the current situation in Europe is to blame: Brexit! So it's all Johnson's fault the DCFC cannot be saved 😃. Strange how everything comes back to one focus
    Just when I thought you were capable of reasoned debate, you spoil it, but I presume your being humorous!

Ashley must be the best bet for us then, he actually made money on the Newcastle deal!

Saw a bloke in town earlier with a sandwich board.... it read "the end is nigh". Bet that comes earlier than Quantuma naming the preferred bidder

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Saw a bloke in town earlier with a sandwich board.... it read "the end is nigh". Bet that comes earlier than Quantuma naming the preferred bidder
    Perhaps he meant for Derby?

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)