+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Weymouth 23.04.22 [NL]

I know we’re now non league, and that explains why so many fans have little to no tolerance, even when we win, but I think this thread has got to page 23 before the quality of the goals has been mentioned.
    Nemane’s goal was goal of the season for me. Absolute class.
    Woottons was also superb. Puts him on 18 goals. Many on here have categorically said he won’t score 20, and he doesn’t care.
    Wootton does care. He’s a confidence player which is why he scores in clusters. Not a bad time to be getting his confidence back.
    We’re almost certainly in the play offs, yes we have frailties, but so do every other team in this league.
    Let’s just get behind the team, be positive, and see where we end up.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    I have to say this recent-ish trend of blaming PC, calling people snowflakes etc makes me laugh.

Anyone that lives in the real world must surely know that we can actually live our lives without any interference of a so called PC brigade. It's just more hate & bs stirred up by the papers, and regurgitated on the streets. Culture evolves, words change, and it really doesn't actually impact us negatively.

Come on Elite, you know that you and Laddo like to wind each other up with little digs. Can you not see that it might actually be a little tiresome for some on the board. That your little spat rolls into lots of threads. (Thanks Pedro by the way for taking a step back)

It doesn't mean at all that we can't have a debate about Notts or other things at all. We debate things every day on here.
    Correct. It’s always the same with these ‘PC gone mad, you can’t say anything anymore’ lads. You ask them what they mean, and.. nothing. Except in FL’s case where he tells us they’ve had to change the name of a cheese…

The tabloids exaggerate or make these stories up to distract people from the real injustices in the world. And yet still the punters fall for them and think there’s an army of woke warriors going round determined to stop them from saying what they want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I know we’re now non league, and that explains why so many fans have little to no tolerance, even when we win, but I think this thread has got to page 23 before the quality of the goals has been mentioned.
    Nemane’s goal was goal of the season for me. Absolute class.
    Woottons was also superb. Puts him on 18 goals. Many on here have categorically said he won’t score 20, and he doesn’t care.
    Wootton does care. He’s a confidence player which is why he scores in clusters. Not a bad time to be getting his confidence back.
    We’re almost certainly in the play offs, yes we have frailties, but so do every other team in this league.
    Let’s just get behind the team, be positive, and see where we end up.
    It's a very good point KTD.

Three simply fantastic goals. People have previously moaned about not scoring from corners and that is some finish from the big man.

The second goal is a great team goal worthy of a Man Citeh or Liverpool , and then rightly raved about on MOTD and Sky etc. Goal of the season?

As I stated earlier on the thread the free kick from Rodrigues is simply unstoppable, a beauty. I can't believe how little they are collectively or individually being talked about?!?!

I get it we should have scored more, we took our foot off the gas massively after the goals and produced a very poor sloppy performance. But fairs fair ladies and gents, you score 3 goals and you score 3 completely different and 3 great goals it really should get some mentions on NCM!!!!

I've also noticed that match rating threads and posts are far rarer when we win compared to when we lose. I know why that is #viva but can we change? Or is NCM too negative, too stuck in it's ways?

To end on a positive, Kyle Wootton heading for a 20 goal season. Even with the away games factored in you'd fancy him to make that achievement now wouldn't you?

Maybe we should just play Woots in defence for the away games. It would make space for someone who actually scores away from home, and he can focus on all the great things he does for us defensively!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's a very good point KTD.

Three simply fantastic goals. People have previously moaned about not scoring from corners and that is some finish from the big man.

The second goal is a great team goal worthy of a Man Citeh or Liverpool , and then rightly raved about on MOTD and Sky etc. Goal of the season?

As I stated earlier on the thread the free kick from Rodrigues is simply unstoppable, a beauty. I can't believe how little they are collectively or individually being talked about?!?!

I get it we should have scored more, we took our foot off the gas massively after the goals and produced a very poor sloppy performance. But fairs fair ladies and gents, you score 3 goals and you score 3 completely different and 3 great goals it really should get some mentions on NCM!!!!

I've also noticed that match rating threads and posts are far rarer when we win compared to when we lose. I know why that is #viva but can we change? Or is NCM too negative, too stuck in it's ways?

To end on a positive, Kyle Wootton heading for a 20 goal season. Even with the away games factored in you'd fancy him to make that achievement now wouldn't you?
    Jesus wept why the constant commentary on what does or doesn’t get said on here? Why do you care?

I would guess people aren’t wetting themselves with excitement over the two recent wins because they were two very average performances against two sh!t teams. Fairly obvious I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He wasn't playing, you know.
    Dropped again. FFS.

Reuben's precision free kick goal seen from the goal line in super slo-mo...

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/status/1518572886138757122?s=20&t=-gPT1R5zT4GhaNCQo6k6gw

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Dropped again. FFS.
    You should be rejoicing Swale, you should know from years of reading this forum that any player who can't get in the team automatically becomes the best player we have at the club!

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    You should be rejoicing Swale, you should know from years of reading this forum that any player who can't get in the team automatically becomes the best player we have at the club!
    Ah yes of course. Get in!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Jesus wept why the constant commentary on what does or doesn’t get said on here? Why do you care?

I would guess people aren’t wetting themselves with excitement over the two recent wins because they were two very average performances against two sh!t teams. Fairly obvious I would have thought.
    Fairly? I'd say very obvious if I was talking about the perfomances but I clearly wasn't , you just decided to change what my post said lol. Nice try chap but next time try and be a little subtler.

I was talking about the 3 fantastic goals during an average performance. I was talking about there often not being any match ratings when we win regardless whether it's an average or sensational performance. I was talking about the recently maligned Wootton heading towards 20 league goals. I was talking about KTDs post that I agree with

Whereas I have no idea what you are talking about but it doesn't relate to my post. Still at least it was about Notts so that's a bonus

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast