+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Jim's bottom six Dons v Livi Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by azazel View Post
    Was it John Rowbotham who used to let the Geordie wife-beater run around elbowing anyone he wanted every time we played the Huns?
    I recall the game at Ayebrokes mentioned in the article involving Rowbotham.
    Gascoigne was out of control that day, he stuck the head on Inglis (I think it was?) as well as diving in like an idiot as was his thing when the "fluence" came on him.

It all went unpunished obviously.

Rowbotham was a God-awful referee who was over-promoted solely because he looked a bit like Collina.

Stryjek banned retrospectively, which actually helps St Johnstone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61229487

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

Rowbotham was a God-awful referee who was over-promoted solely because he looked a bit like Collina.
    He was a guest speaker at a charity function I was at a few years ago. Part of his routine was telling folk how pleased he was that he never reffed a game that Aberdeen won

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He was a guest speaker at a charity function I was at a few years ago. Part of his routine was telling folk how pleased he was that he never reffed a game that Aberdeen won
    Did he mention that the main reason for that was his refereeing? These comments from retired referees, and there have been a few, just justify our feeling that we are often playing against 12 men.

Quote Originally Posted by supersneak View Post

That just sums up how stupid the system is
    We get punished twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    That just sums up how stupid the system is
    We get punished twice.
    Given our Chairman made his money in the land of litigation surely this is worth a legal challenge?

Normally this would be futile as the cheeks would use their clout to make any challenge pointless but now we should be the big player in the bottom six.

fck what a sad inditement.

Play them at their own game Cormack
    Last edited by DonUnder; 26-04-2022 at 11:50 AM. Reason: illiteracy

Struggling to believe it's not a wind up at this point

Sod the lot of them.
    It’s up to us to make sure that St.Johnstone and St.Mirren fight it out for 10th

He surely can’t be banned retrospectively as the game in which the incident occurred has already been played. He’s been banned for two games with immediate effect, i.e., he misses the next two games. Should have been off though and a penalty conceded for violent conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    He surely can’t be banned retrospectively as the game in which the incident occurred has already been played. He’s been banned for two games with immediate effect, i.e., he misses the next two games. Should have been off though and a penalty conceded for violent conduct.
    If the referee had already given a free kick to Twice-In-Administration FC for Vinny’s imagined obstruction (an odd offence for which to give a yellow card) the ball was dead at that point, therefore no penalty, but a red card for the asrehole (anag.) for violent conduct was a no-brainer. The awnker (anag.) himself appeared to be short of a skullful given the many other ‘errors’ he made.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast