+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks we are definitely not getting promoted already!!?

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Agree with this although maybe persuaded to run round naked, subject to being part of a crowd of 10,000 plus, all doing the same thing, each armed with certificates signed by BoJo exempting us from prosecution for indecency.

After yesterday’s result and performance, coupled with the return of key players from injury, I am, however, beginning to get a strange feeling of optimism in my loins. Dangerous I know and likely to come to a shuddering end in a semi final defeat away at Wrexham, but we can only dream. After the achievements of Real Madrid in the week and Bristol Rovers yesterday is it not possible for Notts to finish this season by getting promoted back into the football league?
    Until we fail, we might just win. Looking at the table it's interesting to think that if we'd picked up just a few more points in our ''no shows'', we wouldn't have been that far behind Rectum.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Will those fans who are convinced we wont get promotion ready to join Big Bob and run around Meadow Lane naked if we do.....?
    Big Bob and any NCM posters thinking of joining him in parading naked around Meadow lane need to remember that they'll be immediately arrested and charged with Indecent Exposure...
    We might also have to change some user names as well, Laddo becomes Lasso, Pedro the Fisherwoman etc.

Naturally I want us to go up. Honestly don't think we are good enough, as proved over the season. But I don't fear Wrexham away, if we get that far. We have matched them in all 3 games, & the pressure will be immense on them in the semi to get through.Any side that plays them will have nothing to lose. I can just see it, Solihull in the final

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Naturally I want us to go up. Honestly don't think we are good enough, as proved over the season. But I don't fear Wrexham away, if we get that far. We have matched them in all 3 games, & the pressure will be immense on them in the semi to get through.Any side that plays them will have nothing to lose. I can just see it, Solihull in the final
    Predictions?

Q/F: Notts 2-0 Grimethorpe?

S/F: Rectum? 0-2 Notts

F: Notts 7-0 Osolemio?

We're odds against going up, no team finishing fifth has ever made it but we do have a good team and strong bench and with Cameron back to fitness defence looks a lot stronger.
    I've more hope than belief and although we've made it hard for ourselves it is in our own hands.
    I think we'll have to go to Wrexham and that looks a toughie, would rather play Halifax or Solihull.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Predictions?

Q/F: Notts 2-0 Grimethorpe?

S/F: Rectum? 0-2 Notts

F: Notts 7-0 Osolemio?

Clean sheets gump? Pass the pipe

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    As Notts fans of course we're going to hope, pray and get behind whatever chances we have
    But we've been in the NL long enough now to know the odds from outside the top 3

I mentioned yesterday, 7th is looking like a much better position than 6th.
    The places aren't settled by any means, but 6th looks like you'll have to travel to Notts and Wrexham. 7th and you have to go at Halifax/Solihull or vice versa. If you're Grimsby or Chesterfield you've got to be looking at that
    Halifax have a better home record this season than Wrexham (Notts will also finish with a better one if they don’t beat Stockport today). So as much as it may feel a better draw than Wrexham, that isn’t necessarily the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Halifax have a better home record this season than Wrexham (Notts will also finish with a better one if they don’t beat Stockport today). So as much as it may feel a better draw than Wrexham, that isn’t necessarily the case.
    Not necessarily, but the vast majority of clubs, fans, pundits will see Wrexham as worth avoiding.
    Halifax are a scrappy team but Wrexham might blow you away at the Racecourse...the goal difference of Wrexham +45, Halifax + 29 tells you something and I wonder what the table for, say, the last 30 games looks like.

Back to the 6th v 7th question, drawing against Boreham Wood might suit Grimsby best - guarantees their spot while giving them the option to tuck in behind Chesterfield on the last day to slot into the easier half of the draw.

I think any Notts fan wouldn’t be human if they were confident about the playoffs.

a) we’ve failed 3 out of the last 4 seasons in them and b) there is going to be one team that’s been much better than us this season.

We’ve clearly got the attacking talent to win them, but I think most people would doubt we’ve got the defensive capabilities to pull it off.

Love that last paragraph. Attacking talent will worry any opposition in the playoffs, the 80 goals scored and the goals return of Kyle, Cal and Rubes are fantastic. However then we have to look at the defence and say, just not good enough unless you have a Championship level goalkeeper behind them.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast