+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And what will we hear from our lords and masters at LUFC?

Jesse James interviews starting to grate a little same meaningless platitudes

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "3 - 4 hard seasons"??????? Where were you when we were in Div 1, getting blown about by the gales at Yeovil etc? Been a f00king sight more than 3 - 4 hard seasons, although as some of us aren't able to get to ER any more, our experience of such times apparently, in the eyes of some, counts for nowt.
    I'm assuming he meant 3-4 tough seasons for the owners.

For us it has been a damn sight longer than that, getting beat at home by Hereford was certainly a low point, all those FA cup humblings by pub teams. Look if we went down we've been in a lot worse state and I honestly don't see us losing too many of these players, they're too **** so we might be able to come back up with them other than Raphinha and Phillips.

"3 - 4 hard seasons"??????? Where were you when we were in Div 1, getting blown about by the gales at Yeovil etc? Been a f00king sight more than 3 - 4 hard seasons, although as some of us aren't able to get to ER any more, our experience of such times apparently, in the eyes of some, counts for nowt.

For us it has been a damn sight longer than that, getting beat at home by Hereford was certainly a low point, all those FA cup humblings by pub teams. Look if we went down we've been in a lot worse state and I honestly don't see us losing too many of these players, they're too **** so we might be able to come back up with them other than Raphinha and Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

"3 - 4 tough seasons" for multi-millionaire owner, and the rag-bag of out-of-work "executives" and hangers on that have "advised" this once-great club into squandering HUNDREDS of millions, not just a few tens, on dross players, mind-numbingly stupid "partnerships" with obscure nonentity organisations that have achieved nothing and never will, whilst taking private jets to far away exotic locations in order to provide evidence of their apparent commercial infallibility and their diamond-tipped intellect when it comes to football? Yeah, must have been a right f00king nightmare.

As for player who will go.....Raphina, Philips, Meslier, Struijk, Bamford, Rodrigo, Dallas (if he recovers, no certainty), Harrison, James, Koch. Llorente, Gelhardt, Hjelde, Summerville, Bate, Drameh, Shackleton, are all likely/possible (and many are "strong" possibles). The rest? Who would build a promotion winning side on what is left?

He meant all the hard work we did just to get back in the premiership all washed away in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Jesse James interviews starting to grate a little same meaningless platitudes
    To be honest hopey I switched off when the 3rd goal went in as I didn't want to witness Jesse cheerleading on the feckin pitch again!

Club has endured many tough seasons, more than most. The 3-4 hard seasons i was referring too, was aimed at the MB era, changes / improvements in all areas, which resulted in not only promotion, playing some decent football, but also gaining respect from many non Leeds fans. Due to many, baffling board room decisions, in the space of a year, club facing the drop, massive changes & uncertainty, but has also become abit of a laughing stock, which the supporters & majority of players dont deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Club has endured many tough seasons, more than most. The 3-4 hard seasons i was referring too, was aimed at the MB era, changes / improvements in all areas, which resulted in not only promotion, playing some decent football, but also gaining respect from many non Leeds fans. Due to many, baffling board room decisions, in the space of a year, club facing the drop, massive changes & uncertainty, but has also become abit of a laughing stock, which the supporters & majority of players dont deserve.
    I wasn't "picking a fight", when I responded to your post. The thread title is aimed fair and square at those who have brought us to this position, and that most certainly isn't the fans (nor, in most cases, the players), all of whom HAVE endured tough, rather rough seasons this last 3 - 4 years and for many before that.

But Radrizzani and the rest? In their executive boxes, private jets, high-powered meetings with the likes of the 49ers, the military juntas in the far east, etc etc. They have no concept of what it is to have a tough year, never mind a rough one, and certainly not for such experiences to span a decade and more. They ARE the ones who have brought us to this pretty pass, but they won't suffer any serious consequences.

Radrizzani hasn't the pockets to fund rebuilding and will sell (eventually), as will the 49ers who invested in order to reap the benefits of PL status, not to fund rebuilding. Both are likely to sell to another "fly by night" wanting to bask in the fading glory of a once great club, as no-one else will touch us with that very long barge pole I referred to elsewhere. Orta will pull a fast one on another unsuspecting owner, (as he did at Middlesboro, and LUFC) or he might "negotiate" a deal that sees us pay up for JKA and he gets a "reward" by way of a role with RedBull whatever their name is, Kinnear was going at the end of the season anyway, so he has his exit plan sorted. LUFC is left to what fate?

For the want of a nail, a horse was lost
    For the want of a horse a knight was lost
    For the want of a knight, a battle was lost
    For the want of a battle the war was lost
    For the want of a war, the kingdom was lost

All for the want of a nail.

Still to come are Brighton at ER and Brentford away. Hard fixtures as both are looking to get their best ever top flight finish. 4 points from the 2 games should see you safe and fulfil my prediction from months ago that you'd be OK.

I wasn't "picking a fight", when I responded to your post. The thread title is aimed fair and square at those who have brought us to this position, and that most certainly isn't the fans (nor, in most cases, the players), all of whom HAVE endured tough, rather rough seasons this last 3 - 4 years and for many before that.

But Radrizzani and the rest? In their executive boxes, private jets, high-powered meetings with the likes of the 49ers, the military juntas in the far east, etc etc. They have no concept of what it is to have a tough year, never mind a rough one, and certainly not for such experiences to span a decade and more. They ARE the ones who have brought us to this pretty pass, but they won't suffer any serious consequences.

Radrizzani hasn't the pockets to fund rebuilding and will sell (eventually), as will the 49ers who invested in order to reap the benefits of PL status, not to fund rebuilding. Both are likely to sell to another "fly by night" wanting to bask in the fading glory of a once great club, as no-one else will touch us with that very long barge pole I referred to elsewhere. Orta will pull a fast one on another unsuspecting owner, (as he did at Middlesboro, and LUFC) or he might "negotiate" a deal that sees us pay up for JKA and he gets a "reward" by way of a role with RedBull whatever their name is, Kinnear was going at the end of the season anyway, so he has his exit plan sorted. LUFC is left to what fate?

For the want of a nail, a horse was lost
    For the want of a horse a knight was lost
    For the want of a knight, a battle was lost
    For the want of a battle the war was lost
    For the want of a war, the kingdom was lost

All for the want of a nail.
    Otherwise known as it was blindingly obvious Bielsa should not have been sacked and the problem lay with bad investment choices in this season’s squad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)