+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    We are owned and run by charlatans. We used to have standards but from the late 90s onwards successive boards and chairmen like Milne and now Cormack have turned a once big and powerful club into a minnow.
    I am still awaiting this signing we can all be excited about… Any news anyone??
    Ramadahni was signed before our ( for the time being) manager made dreadful statement so it’s not him. Can’t be Scales as he has only played a handful of games and surely it can’t be Richardson who has come from tier 5 English football.
    Now my fear is JG believes his own hype and makes ridiculous decisions and statements, ie when he told the players he that they had no future at the club, then that back fired massively. Guess what bold decision but the wrong one.
    We have now signed 3 we have hardly heard about .
    I am am now extremely pessimistic about the season ahead as I do not think this man is capable of managing our team.
    He comes across as a my way or the high way type . This is hardly the characteristic of a great manager or someone who can pick players up when their down or improve anyone with his coaching abilities.
    Two cases to remember.
    1. How he dealt with a great loyal player Considine, was an absolute show of arrogance to Andy and the supporters.
    2. When he had taken over and claimed he was a hands on manager on the training pitch, did we actually improve or become worse??
    Anymore games we were down !!

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Anthony Stewart signed now,cue the meltdown,he's sh!te blah blah blah
    Wycombe are sh!te blah blah blah
    I can’t wait for folk trying to convince me he is a good player

The Scales signing is a disgrace.

I don't have a problem shopping in the bargain basement.
    In the real world, English third division clubs can screw us on wages.
    So we need to find hidden gems and develop them.
    The signings thus far, not a clue how good or bad they'll turn out to be, but they're signings at our current market level.

But taking a young Tim to develop is running up the white flag and openly admitting we're nae even trying to compete with the cheeks.

Disgrace doing this again without a right to buy clause.

Oh my good god, now we just signed someone from Wycombe Wandering doon the league

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    He doesn't need to be a good player just someone who can help us stop conceding goals - described as a no-nonsense defender - let's give him a chance. Anyone who replaces Gallacher or Bates can only be an improvement!!

So that's us spent the square root of f'uck all on the first four signings so hopefully keeping the Ramsay/McKenna money for a creative midfielder, a winger and a couple of strikers

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think that job might fall to someone who has seen him play?

I take it you have as you've written him off?

We shouldn’t be shopping in England in the first place.

Wycombe f’uckin Wanderers

Yes. We need quality not quantity. It’s the only way we will improve. Another extremely lazy signing. We will see how they really do against Celtic in the opening league fixture. I predict a doing for us (currently).

He's well thought of at Wycombe there fans all seem gutted asf!! and has played 40 odd games I'm tje championship season before last. Decent! Helps swallow the tim loan somewhat. Ok a tiny bit

Spot on
    We were never going to spend any transfer cash on marquee signings and Goodwin has all the traits to shop around for journeymen “athletes” that will make us hard to beat in the same mould that most of the league use as the standard. Attractive football by progressive coaches is not something that this league will endure well- see Cathro, Maloney and Glass who all had ideas but ultimately found out as the standard of players at their disposal (and recruited) were more suited to Sunday Welfare football. Not being able to then motivate and coach players to understand when to stop fannying about at the back doesn’t help though.

Scales can go back to the piggery on the first train back - no matter how good he is , he is not our player and we should not be borrowing players from any team in the same league especially from either @rse cheek

Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast