+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL clubs queung up to sign Cornet

PL clubs queung up to sign Cornet

West Spam apparently put in £25m bid.Newcastle circling.Leeds and Everton also interested after Maxwell rejected Forest.I think he will be gone by next week for between £25-£30m if Newcastle start bidding.Not a bad bit of business by Pace.
    I like it-VK will know what to do with the dosh if he gan get his mits on some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    West Spam apparently put in £25m bid.Newcastle circling.Leeds and Everton also interested after Maxwell rejected Forest.I think he will be gone by next week for between £25-£30m if Newcastle start bidding.Not a bad bit of business by Pace.
    I like it-VK will know what to do with the dosh if he gan get his mits on some of it.
    To be fair CIB it’s a shrewd move from Burnley this because they could have let him go to Everton on a £5 million up front and staged payments - final payment next year etc but up to now they have stuck it out and it looks like we’ll get more than the 17.5 million buy out.

And they say Pace has no idea about football he’s been involved in 4 signings I think , weghorst the exception ( loaned ) and Robert’s still here though I’d wager he’s worth a lot more than we paid for him now , but the other two we made 8/9 million on Collins plus sell on clauses and if Cornet goes for £25 million that’s another £12 million approx profit so 20/21 million in 12 months not bad for a man who knows nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    To be fair CIB it’s a shrewd move from Burnley this because they could have let him go to Everton on a £5 million up front and staged payments - final payment next year etc but up to now they have stuck it out and it looks like we’ll get more than the 17.5 million buy out.

And they say Pace has no idea about football he’s been involved in 4 signings I think , weghorst the exception ( loaned ) and Robert’s still here though I’d wager he’s worth a lot more than we paid for him now , but the other two we made 8/9 million on Collins plus sell on clauses and if Cornet goes for £25 million that’s another £12 million approx profit so 20/21 million in 12 months not bad for a man who knows nowt.
    You're right army, we are making money on Mr Pace's ventures into the transfer market, that much is indisputable, but we're having to sell these players because Mr Pace has loaded the club with debt which has to be serviced, and sooner rather than later, paid off. I would suggest that your praise of Mr Pace is a bit like praising an arsonist for being handy with a hose, as he puts out the fire he started.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're right army, we are making money on Mr Pace's ventures into the transfer market, that much is indisputable, but we're having to sell these players because Mr Pace has loaded the club with debt which has to be serviced, and sooner rather than later, paid off. I would suggest that your praise of Mr Pace is a bit like praising an arsonist for being handy with a hose, as he puts out the fire he started.
    Have a look at the team we put out before Pace came in and look at Saturday's line up mon ami. The transformation has been both needed and remarkable.

He bought Burnley Football Club on the never-never but we are hardly loaded with debt now. I will happily raise my hat to the man.

Wasn’t really singing his praises Sinkov re a leveraged buy out , purely that he seems to have the knack of making money on players we’ve invested in , whilst I don’t like the buy out side you can’t argue with his player business side - truthfully and I’ve put this before Dyche did not want Cornet but if it hadn’t been for him we’d have finished bottom of the league because we couldn’t score goals - yes Sean wanted Collins and a shrewd move it was too but the others I’m not sure either especially Weghorst.

It’s a shame really because if Cornet had played in a younger side progressive -maybe another season in premiership we’d be receiving offers of 50 million for him not as we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Wasn’t really singing his praises Sinkov re a leveraged buy out , purely that he seems to have the knack of making money on players we’ve invested in , whilst I don’t like the buy out side you can’t argue with his player business side - truthfully and I’ve put this before Dyche did not want Cornet but if it hadn’t been for him we’d have finished bottom of the league because we couldn’t score goals - yes Sean wanted Collins and a shrewd move it was too but the others I’m not sure either especially Weghorst.

It’s a shame really because if Cornet had played in a younger side progressive -maybe another season in premiership we’d be receiving offers of 50 million for him not as we are now.
    I fully agree Army but he does seem a little injury prone.Whether that was adapting to the PL or Dycheball I dont know but he did miss quite a few games.Better off without if we can get the figures mentioned and get some more VK/Pace gems in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Have a look at the team we put out before Pace came in and look at Saturday's line up mon ami. The transformation has been both needed and remarkable.

He bought Burnley Football Club on the never-never but we are hardly loaded with debt now. I will happily raise my hat to the man.
    Before Pace came we were a PL club, if he's so fecking clever, why didn't he do it 18 months ago, then we might still be a PL club with a Cat One Academy ? I've never known failure re-branded as success so quickly, but then if there's one thing the Yanks are good at, it's PR. And there are always plenty ready to buy into the BS.

Before Pace came we were a PL club, if he's so fecking clever, why didn't he do it 18 months ago, then we might still be a PL club with a Cat One Academy ? I've never known failure re-branded as success so quickly, but then if there's one thing the Yanks are good at, it's PR. And there are always plenty ready to buy into the BS.
    From day 1 Pace was committed to keeping Dyche and backing him. We saw more new players since Pace came than in years under Garlick. It was Dyche who picked the team, set the tactics and made the excuses.

Pace wanted to sell Tarks to get some money. Dyche did not want to sell. Pace did not want to rock the boat so early in the relationship. He went along with Dyche. An opportunity lost.

What we are seeing now are the changes needed to the squad. We were a very poor, agéd Premier League team that had been clinging on for at least two seasons. Who else put in a dire performance and lost 2-0 to Norwich?

I do not support the leveraged buy out. A dangerous strategy as we have found out. However, we are seeing improvements - a new manager, young new talent and, based upon the performance at Huddersfield, exciting and enjoyable football.

I for one am happy we are where we are now Sinkov.Watching that performance last Friday was like cleaning out the cobwebs.Exciting times.Yes, it was not the plan to get relegated but we were rubbish for the last 2 seasons and it seemed inevitable.I still think we would have survived if Cornet did not go to the Africa Nations Cup and if we had got Orsic.It is what it is.UTC.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 03-08-2022 at 01:43 PM.

He almost pulled off the miracle sinkov, but for Cornet's penalty miss and Tyron Mings' last ditch clearance he would have done too!

It seems obvious to me he is constantly trading players to make a profit. Bob Lord discovered gate receipts would not pay the bills, Alan Pace by my reckoning is about 30 million quid up in 18 months on player transactions.

I'm impressed with his business acumen, no dummy is this lad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)