+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Was a weird time, Hardy must have known things weren't right and I believe he was scouting for new owners or investment then but still spent stupid money on Enzio, Dennis and Hemmings
    ... and don't forget the 'big star', big wage earner David Vaughan from across the river...

Have we ever had an Asian player make a first-year appearance?

Excluding Noh Alam Shah on trial obviously.

I thought Vaughan was going to be great for Notts, as did many and why wouldn't you? A recent full Welsh international dropping from Championship to League 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Have we ever had an Asian player make a first-year appearance?

Excluding Noh Alam Shah on trial obviously.
    Noor Husin

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I thought Vaughan was going to be great for Notts, as did many and why wouldn't you?
    I had a pang of doubt before he had even kicked a ball. It was the very first pre-season friendly at Hucknall against what was misleadingly billed as a 'Rolls Royce XI v Notts', but turned out to be little more than a pub team v Notts.

Before they went on the pitch, someone shouted "what are you doing here David?" His reply was "Forest didn't want me".

So his attitude stank from the off and we changed our system, style and approach from the playoff level one of the season before. Nice lol.

I remember the reaction on here and amongst all fans the day he signed. Not quite over the moon but definitely universally very impressed. It was quite the coup he was only a few years from playing for his national side. I was delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So his attitude stank from the off.
    I didn't quite say that, because it could easily have just been a throwaway comment.

Whatever the reasons, he was a massive disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't quite say that, because it could easily have just been a throwaway comment.

Whatever the reasons, he was a massive disappointment.
    More like a waste of space!

I didn’t used to get overly excited about ageing big names signing for us but Vaughan looked a great signing on paper. My Forest mates couldn’t believe it either.
    It just shows how important it is to have players that are still hungry and want to be at the club.
    He was awful. Totally unfit, no desire and could barely play a 5 yard pass.

Even with my pet hate about midfielders who can't run, I also have to admit I felt giddy over the idea of signing DV and thought we'd pulled off a massive coup.

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast