+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Alkmaar (h)

Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but it was a very unexpected bonus that no flares or smoke were let off in the ground. Expected it at kick off & esp if we scored but it didnt happen. Club will be pleased too I would imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post
    Guy sitting next to meet in the queue this morning said he asked his son who lives over there to get him three tickets.

Got a call back 5 mins later that all fans attending matched in Netherlands need to be registered or SC members.

No idea if true but he believed it.
    Zeek might know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Dont know if anyone has mentioned it but it was a very unexpected bonus that no flares or smoke were let off in the ground. Expected it at kick off & esp if we scored but it didnt happen. Club will be pleased too I would imagine
    Yeah that was unexpected bonus but unfortunately the guy on pitch when we scored and sliding to AZ supporters can probably mean trouble for United

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Rolling back the years
    I'm standing here in tears
    No more my flowing locks
    But I'm watching Narey in the box
    My trouser belt is longer
    But our new signings make us stronger
    Thought of shared European nights
    With loved ones extinguished like lights
    But in my memory they remain
    And tonight they returned again
    Those empty seats in the old JK
    We're full of unseen Arabs tae
    Many like me of an older strain
    Didn't dream we see this kind of night again!

........with apologies to GB!!
    Name:  Beautiful.JPG
Views: 687
Size:  27.6 KB

Very moving indeed....

Do you think United will get anymore tickets for AZ away? There is a crowd of us going, but only one ticket. Try the home end?

Quote Originally Posted by Orjan11 View Post
    Do you think United will get anymore tickets for AZ away? There is a crowd of us going, but only one ticket. Try the home end?
    Apparently the issue is with the way Alkmaar have issued their own tickets. Rather than keeping their own fans away from ours, it's been a free for all and they've seated fans right next to us. They've had to relocate them to allow us to get more in. No idea if they can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Apparently the issue is with the way Alkmaar have issued their own tickets. Rather than keeping their own fans away from ours, it's been a free for all and they've seated fans right next to us. They've had to relocate them to allow us to get more in. No idea if they can do it again.
    Have heard that their directors on leaving Tannadice were amazed that our fans were Queuing for tickets overnight and one of them did say he was confident our fans would find a way to get in next Thursday.United staff took over leftover food and drink to the fans at night,players were over speaking to people too.
    The next morning staff handed out hot and cold drinks,bairns in the Q were given United bouncy balls and TTT cuddly toys.A throw back to our glory years both on and off the park yesterday truly brilliant United.

BTW can someone please post a few photo's of the march to the ground?,saw a few on my young lad's phone and they were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    BTW can someone please post a few photo's of the march to the ground?,saw a few on my young lad's phone and they were amazing.
    A couple of minutes in.

https://youtu.be/C5hErYUNlSo

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    https://youtu.be/k6nK8mlDfCc?t=21

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)