+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No Charlie Slater

EP, I was commenting on the fact that Bracegirdle was not commentating on the match, which was where 'poor' came in. As radio listeners we need the commentators to be our eyes. I wasn't saying passing the ball backwards and sideways was good bad or indifferent.
    I do notice you jump on my comments at every turn, I don't mind differing opinions but sense it is down to our political views, being slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    EP, I was commenting on the fact that Bracegirdle was not commentating on the match, which was where 'poor' came in. As radio listeners we need the commentators to be our eyes. I wasn't saying passing the ball backwards and sideways was good bad or indifferent.
    I do notice you jump on my comments at every turn, I don't mind differing opinions but sense it is down to our political views, being slightly different.
    I'd say we differ radically rather than slightly on the political views! I'll take your word about what you heard because I don't listen to radio commentary on any sport, it frustrates the hell out of me if I can't see what's happening. I like Bracegirdle's cricket commentary, but only when it's accompanied by a live stream so I can see what he's talking about . Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are you still blinkered and claiming only I patronise
    No, you are only responsible for 99% of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    More worrying is that if, as seems likely Charlie Slater is off to greener pastures, how long before Stall gets fed up and b*ggers off. Dave Bracegirdle annoyed me immensely by calling us County and continued to make a point of saying what a soft penalty it was that benefitted from (so what). Comments like 'you aren't missing any football because they are just playing it across the back three' was also poor.
    I know Leigh Curtis wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but at least he put content in the EP, was a constant on reporting all things Notts.
    It would be a huge blow for Notts to lose Colin and Charlie Slater along with Leigh Curtis and Mark Stallard within such a short time frame.
    Can't see why Stall would leave. Don't blame Charlie one bit if he wants to pursue his career (although I would be disappointed) but this isn't Stall's career.

I guess he might consider it if whoever replaced Charlie was someone he really didn't get on with but from what I have heard and seen (On Magpie Circle) he would pretty much get on with most.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, you are only responsible for 99% of it.
    Was 100% in your world , now only 99%, so it's heading in the right direction

I'm marking it down as progress for all concerned.

Charlie has always seemed keen to further his career, good on him. He's excellent at describing what's happening on the pitch, you're never left wondering which end the ball is at, or even worse, who has scored. He has slipped into lazy clichés lately, which have started to be irritating, but no doubt he could do a fine job in higher level games. He deserves any success coming his way.

I found the commentary difficult to follow yesterday. Dave Bracegirdle's style is perfect for cricket, but doesn't fit faster paced (well, sometimes) football, his commentary didn't have enough clarity and speed.

It's a learning curve for any commentator, trying to remember eleven (well perhaps ten) players' names and positions while keeping pace with the game and yet be entertaining. Still, Braces seemed to be enjoying himself.

Andrew James might be interested in the job - Slater pipped him to it last time. James has three advantages; he is an experienced commentator, he is a Notts fan and I think he is available.

Was always a fan of Andrew James (& Martin Fisher back in the day), although not sure being a Notts fan is an advantage. I imagine it's rare the main commentator is a born fan of the home side.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It's a learning curve for any commentator, trying to remember eleven (well perhaps ten) players' names and positions while keeping pace with the game and yet be entertaining. Still, Braces seemed to be enjoying himself.
    All fair points. Wonder who we will get. Hopefully someone who gets on with Stalls, he'd be a huge loss if he went.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast