Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
As we've been in L1 for a whole 5 weeks for the first time since the mid 80s do we really have any "rivals" in L1?

Some we've never played before, others we haven't played in years. Burton is the nearest side followed by Port Vale. I don't consider either to be a rival.

We came down with Posh and Barnsley last season. They're not rivals either.

With whom do we have more of a connection? Clubs we've played against regularly over the past 5 or 6 decades. Wednesday, Ipswich and Bolton. Rivals? Not really.
I filled it in a while ago...thought it was a perfectly reasonable questionnaire that someone seemed to have taken the trouble to put some effort into.

For me it was obvious...Wednesday, for both geographic and historical reasons and, in terms of geography, Burton and Port Vale.
There is clear (local) rivalry between ourselves and Burton imo, but it is, untypically, largely friendly. The Port Vale factor seems more contrived and rivalry is a weird thing anyway...Forest, Leicester and Leeds are, again imo, our main and most antagonistic rivals but not ones we are likely to play in the near future and why has such dislike never really spread to Notts County or even Stoke?