+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnes open letter

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    He might be back quicker than you think!
    He will only ever come back as an opposing manager or a guest.
    He has the taste for the big bucks now so we would never be able to afford to bring him back

Robin's a better manager than him TS won't have back. Once you've ditched us with our chairman there's no way back.

Written weeks ago he’s been having us all on.
    Loyalty good human being yeah right no better than Smith imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Written weeks ago he’s been having us all on.
    Loyalty good human being yeah right no better than Smith imo.
    That's football Greavsie

A very Warne-like letter. But missing one thing - the reason for leaving.

Whatever money it is, that they leave to L1 and not a Champ team says quite a bit about their confidence in their ability at managing at Champ level, even with a better budget. You'd think if they left a stable job here it would be to prove they can be better at this level with a competitive budget. But not doing so may imply that not having a competitive budget at RUFC isn't the reason for leaving. And thats what I don't get. Yes, a massive pay rise, but a wage increase to Derby would be similar to moving to most Champ teams. So why to L1 and not to a Champ team.

We are a small club with little ambition Millmoor in the 60s got more in the ground.good luck Paul Warne. I do think Derby isn't the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    A very Warne-like letter. But missing one thing - the reason for leaving.

Whatever money it is, that they leave to L1 and not a Champ team says quite a bit about their confidence in their ability at managing at Champ level, even with a better budget. You'd think if they left a stable job here it would be to prove they can be better at this level with a competitive budget. But not doing so may imply that not having a competitive budget at RUFC isn't the reason for leaving. And thats what I don't get. Yes, a massive pay rise, but a wage increase to Derby would be similar to moving to most Champ teams. So why to L1 and not to a Champ team.

£250k a year for 4 years.

A sad day for Rotherham United, thanks to PW for his time at the club. I wish you much success but not at Derby, it is not the right club for his belief system. Taking the backroom staff leaves us well in the crap, very upset and disappointed

" belief system" ?

Takes hypocrisy to a new level

Last game 25k attendance so at least 2.5x budget under fair play rules. With a 4 year contract even if it doesn’t work out (I hope it does) he is financially secure.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast