+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: West Brom Official Approach to Plymouth

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie smudge View Post
    Absolutely spot on
    Predictable response, angry and abusive
    I think I sit near this person in the ground
    It’s a real shame he’s not able to run the club top to bottom
    Oh and it all went very quiet when Philips scored on Saturday
    Also very predictable 🙄
    How can you possibly know that you sit close to “this person” at the ground?

That’s a ludicrous comment if you want to discuss ludicrous points?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie smudge View Post
    Absolutely spot on
    Predictable response, angry and abusive
    I think I sit near this person in the ground
    It’s a real shame he’s not able to run the club top to bottom
    Oh and it all went very quiet when Philips scored on Saturday
    Also very predictable 🙄

Phillips took his goal really well! The problem is he’s consistently more poor than decent just like Bartley and Livermore! I am confident the majority of West Brom fans would agree with that! Phillips against Swansea was shockingly poor and the stats agreed with that!

TGH was exceptionally good on Saturday and it’s a wonder his confidence was not torn to shreds with Bruce’s in and out selections.

Fat Ron will take a long time with the recruitment process as he knows full well it’s on his head for recruitment dinosaur Bruce without any recruitment process at the time. Fat Ron should have gone too!

I think the consensus is that most don't mind an up and coming lower level manager, but Schumacher hasn't achieved anything to suggest he's who we should be going for. I can't understand why Carrick's name gets more of a mention, he's even more green than this bloke.

Opinions are opinions, it wouldn't be a good forum if everyone had the same one would it?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I think the consensus is that most don't mind an up and coming lower level manager, but Schumacher hasn't achieved anything to suggest he's who we should be going for. I can't understand why Carrick's name gets more of a mention, he's even more green than this bloke.

Opinions are opinions, it wouldn't be a good forum if everyone had the same one would it?

Totally agree Matt and sensible post.

Remember when we signed Atkinson as manager from Cambridge the rest was history.

I new I would upset some on here, especially you yes I’ve seen my fare share of fixtures I also refrain fro swearing at posters. If you cannot take criticism don’t post. There are a lot of young managers / coaches out there who could do a fine job for our club, even super Kev at South Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by wba13 View Post
    I new I would upset some on here, especially you yes I’ve seen my fare share of fixtures I also refrain fro swearing at posters. If you cannot take criticism don’t post. There are a lot of young managers / coaches out there who could do a fine job for our club, even super Kev at South Shields.
    To be "fair" a "knew" manager should not be based on them just doing well at the time. Imo you look at what they have done in their career as a whole (player as well as manager).

Anyone, can do well for a short time after benefitting from someone else's work and playing philosophy and nor changing it. It doesn't make them the person entirely responsible.

In Schumacher''s case he doesn't make the podium for me because he bottled it last season losing 5 nil at home when going for the play offs with Ryan Lowe's team.

I looked at this before Bruce got the boot when thinking about potential cheap replacements from the lower leagues along with the Ipswich manager.

You have to look at the clubs they are at. Plymouth are a relatively big club who have been underachieving for a while as have been Ipswich.

Rotherham on the other hand have little revenue and therefore imo Warne was the type to go for if that was what we are looking at, but he has gone to a new club.

Schumacher is like Fat Ron, taking advantage of others hard work whilst his own signings (record signings in the latter's case), do little and had won fk all (and stayed like that with FR until he left us).

It's my opinion and don't have a s hit fit if I don't agree with you that every young manager out there should be interviewed whilst we sleepwalk into league one.

This next manager has to be right after the previous fk ups.

Regarding Carrick I would interview him as he won it all and can handle big egos. If he has all his badges why would I say no to interviewing him.

See I don't agree that it can be anyone just based on nostalgia or club legends. Most football managers are quite average but we're looking for someone exceptional or potentially exceptional. We're meant to be a strong player in the league so we should have one of the best managers.

To get one of those we need proven results or we're just rolling the dice. We rolled the dice with big Dave and he turned out very average, turning down Dean Smith in the process who then got Villa up at our expense. I imagine Super Kev would be the same, very average. A lot of lower league managers would be the same but then those exceptional few rise above the rest.

Any manager can swing a few results when they first start, but the best managers know how to handle when the wheels are coming off or how to twist your tactics to throw off a side and focus on their weaknesses. Gerard and Lampard are miles behind Potter in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    See I don't agree that it can be anyone just based on nostalgia or club legends. Most football managers are quite average but we're looking for someone exceptional or potentially exceptional. We're meant to be a strong player in the league so we should have one of the best managers.

To get one of those we need proven results or we're just rolling the dice. We rolled the dice with big Dave and he turned out very average, turning down Dean Smith in the process who then got Villa up at our expense. I imagine Super Kev would be the same, very average. A lot of lower league managers would be the same but then those exceptional few rise above the rest.

Any manager can swing a few results when they first start, but the best managers know how to handle when the wheels are coming off or how to twist your tactics to throw off a side and focus on their weaknesses. Gerard and Lampard are miles behind Potter in that regard.

Agree with you again Matt! Mick said to go for Potter too before he went to Brighton. With Dike and Ajayi returning and a decent manager the squad is capable of play offs. Then what some will say? Promotion will definitely see Lai selling the club which will be the best option.

Come back when you can string together a coherent sentence.

Hopefully you can take criticism yourself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)