+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Almost 19 000 for a club near the bottom in a midweek fixture. Coventry face the same problems as we do as regards local rivals so it baffles me why our attendances are so low.
    Rotherham population approx 117k
    Coventry population approx 375k
    That should answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Wish we would not piss about with the ball in our own half. Just get shut of the fecking thing. We have a number of players who do this.
    You mean play hoof ball

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    An excellent result against a side who have recently turned over Cardiff, Sheffield United and Stoke without conceding. That type of performance isn't sustainable though, backs to the wall and putting bodies on the line just leads to injuries, burnouts and frustration.

Taylor needs January to come around quickly and hopefully has the contacts to tempt some new blood.

Please wrap Barlaser up in cotton wool and hopefully Chieo will be on a mission to prove a point when he is back ( I don't think he is far off)
    Hopefully has some money to spend

If we have a chance off staying up let's see if mistakes have really been learnt

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    See the post match interview on millers.co.uk has been edited to remove MTs comments on the referee.

Full interview available on BBC sounds
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d9j3gg
    Another excellent interview, there is a real passion in this manager, he speaks as if he was brought up with this club, his messages are clear and he explains his decisions he doesn't hide. With the comment about players not being able to play 90 mins how much of a falsely was the PW super fitness claim?

Rotherham United

@OfficialRUFC
    ·
    12h
    �� | Time to vote for your
    @mattressonline
    Man of the Match.

#rufc | #ForeverTogetherForeverProud
    Dan Barlaser
    80.4%
    Conor Washington
    10.7%
    Cameron Humphreys
    5.3%
    Ben Wiles
    3.6%
    981 votes
    ·
    Final results

Good game to watch last night, not for the nerves tho . Would have been happy with a point before the start so a bit disappointed we didn’t win . Individual mistakes cost us the two goals but I suppose you can say that bout every goal that’s scored. Just my opinion but thought it was a penalty. Goes to show how people see different things looking at the same thing. Another point for safety. If we can strengthen in jan especially up front we have a good chance of playing championship football next season. If we don’t lose our better players.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Rotherham population approx 117k
    Coventry population approx 375k
    That should answer your question.
    Population of the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham is 265,411.
    Coventry and borough 371,521.

Capacity of NYS is only 12,021 anyway so we couldn't get 19,000 people in.

Seen brief highlights. From people who watched game what they've said. On about Harding their 1st goal were was cover after he lost ball it weren't like he was last man so they were clean through. Ronnie Moore said Washington looked offside for his goal did to me but I wasn't at the game so can't be sure. Their penalty if it had been at the NYS wouldn't have been given. I hope now McCart gets his chance. Odoffin he's had his chance not taken it move him on. Bramall took his goal well but I'm not convinced about him. Still one of our weakest positions in the side left wing back.

What a great game of football. Thoroughly entertaining.

Re fitness levels; we're at least as fit as any other team, but we're often made to work much harder. Other teams in the championship have "better" players - we make up that deficit with blood and guts graft and team spirit. No wonder quite a few players were "out on their legs" last night. Like scum says, this level of effort will have consequences. As far as last night was converned, Cov don't have significantly better individuals but they were on a roll and full of confidence. It was great to watch us knock them out of their stride early on. We could have been out of sight after 20 minutes!

Harding; nobody's mentioned the "miss of the season" early on. How the hell did he fresh air and miss from less than a yard out?!!! He's on a different planet at times and had a 'mare of a game.

To reiterate many comments, pleased with a point but it feels like a loss. Wasn't expecting that sensation before kick-off!

Incoming fine?

MT “The second goal is not a penalty. The referee was weak enough to make that decision.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast