Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
Evening Gaz, yes I have worked around the World having worked for various oil companies, working in Doha you don.t pay any tax. The latest from there is they have gone back on their word in having booze at the stadiums, what a surprise not. With regard to various clubs I know where you are coming from. It is the haves and the have nots, the biggest fee we have paid was this year £1.7 mil for a Dutch striker whereas Prem clubs pay up tp £100 mil. And those players in addition to their huge fees now have huge ego's. It did not use to be that way, man to man I remember chatting to Billy Bremer in Cardiff station, Rodney Marsh on holiday in Las Palmas. Don.t happen now.
Morning Claw Loads Money. Yes and Budweiser aren't happy.
Did you fight Billy B? Rodders turned us down when invited to join the once "trendy club" Swindon. Summerby couldn't wait to get away from us.
Back in the day I am sure there was a player that I resembled in looks. I was in an expensive clothes shop - John Anthony. I was asked by the staff if I played for Swindon. Lou Macari was giving me a fixed "wtf you doing here stare". Don Rogers always says hello to me. When we got beat after the game this big **** said "I wasn't fit to wear the shirt" and he heckled me all the way down th north stand and along the Town End. lol I used to take a disabled chap to games and he didn't like swearing so I retorted as politely as I could with "keep your opinions to yourself you horrible man" lol with Geoffrey McGonigle tapping my shoulder saying "It's alright, it's alright" That was Geoffrey McGonigle's response when he was getting anxious because he is repeating what people said to him to comfort him in stressful times. Geoffrey McGonigle was the first disabled man to reach the North Pole and went with David Hempledon Adams. There is a brilliant video of this and you can see Geoffrey McGonigle doing this to comfort others after he fell into the iced waters and his life was at serious risk. R.I.P. Geoffrey McGonigle.
1.7m seems a lot to us lol but like you say it is nothing in comparison to them up there. As it is I don't think we can afford promotiopns.
Brentford were a feeder club for Chelsea and look at them now. So there is glimmers of hope I guess Miiiiiiiiii