+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Never turn down a pun opportunity
    The main premise of the film is that a trio of "mad scientists" attempt to blackmail the world with a weather-control machine

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    He can be our equivalent of John Stones
    Or sign them both. FlintStones

2nd best defence in the League. Wendy have conceded 18, us 19 and Notlob 20.

Chester is out till March. However I don't see Flint coming to sit on the bench. That is where he'd be with the current form of Foz and Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    2nd best defence in the League. Wendy have conceded 18, us 19 and Notlob 20.

Chester is out till March. However I don't see Flint coming to sit on the bench. That is where he'd be with the current form of Foz and Cash.
    Sorry MA, we rarely disagree but I really can’t see Chester playing a significant role for us. He’s made 6 (six!) appearances since joining us in the summer and ‘out till March’ could mean anything from another 6-10 weeks out at best. Feel sorry for him but sadly he’s in the running as an all time bad signing at this moment in time.

One, at least, of Foz and Cashin will soon be facing suspension which leaves Curtis D - really great player and role model but old and injury prone too - and Spearman who’s useful late sub material at best, imo.

You’re right about our defensive record but so much of that is down to a central defensive pairing that few would have predicted prior to Warne’s arrival. I don’t know if there’s any truth at all in the Flint rumour but I’d still welcome such a signing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry MA, we rarely disagree but I really can’t see Chester playing a significant role for us. He’s made 6 (six!) appearances since joining us in the summer and ‘out till March’ could mean anything from another 6-10 weeks out at best. Feel sorry for him but sadly he’s in the running as an all time bad signing at this moment in time.

One, at least, of Foz and Cashin will soon be facing suspension which leaves Curtis D - really great player and role model but old and injury prone too - and Spearman who’s useful late sub material at best, imo.

You’re right about our defensive record but so much of that is down to a central defensive pairing that few would have predicted prior to Warne’s arrival. I don’t know if there’s any truth at all in the Flint rumour but I’d still welcome such a signing.
    Looking at the outlets pushing it I doubt it's on. Flint won't want to be a bench warmer for the majority of the time. Personally, if Foz/Cash have to miss a game, I wouldn't worry if we put Rooney in there. I agree Flint would be more than decent cover but he'd want to be more than just cover which is why I don't see him coming.

Chester? I only mentioned he's out until March, which he is (possibly longer IMO). I made no comment other than that so there wasn't really anything to disagree with.

Looking at the outlets pushing it I doubt it's on. Flint won't want to be a bench warmer for the majority of the time. Personally, if Foz/Cash have to miss a game, I wouldn't worry if we put Rooney in there. I agree Flint would be more than decent cover but he'd want to be more than just cover which is why I don't see him coming.
    Agreed, I bet Warne isn't exactly panicking about getting someone in. Davies is back fit, Rooney is a rising star, Stearman is at least capable (its he himself who's talked him down as an asset) and Warne seems able to drag out-of-position chops out of many.

Chester? I only mentioned he's out until March, which he is (possibly longer IMO). I made no comment other than that so there wasn't really anything to disagree with.
    Have to admit...I’d forgotten about Jake Rooney. More optimistic about him having a part to play than Chester.

Have to admit...I’d forgotten about Jake Rooney. More optimistic about him having a part to play than Chester.
    Flint could become an impact central striker as well - he scored shedliads at Brizzle

SO thats Davies and Rooney as cover, can't see we need another and with our defensive record whats the need?

Anang recalled by West Ham so that’s another position we might have to fill within the next week.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)