+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear....,,,

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are miles apart on this issue and after about four years of trying, 4 page A4 missives from me would be about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
    You could try it mon ami, your opinion, your words, I'll read it and respond. I'm not responding to slogans and pictures.

It does strike me yet again, even after 40 posts on this thread, the basic problem has not been addressed, not even mentioned. If Israel and the Palestinians are going to co-exist, it's self-evident that there will have to be some sort of agreement between them. While Hamas are funded from, and take their instructions, from Iran, which has the stated aim of wiping Israel off the face of the earth, there cannot, and will not, be any rapprochement or agreement.

And yet I see no mention of Iran anywhere on this thread, and any discussion on this topic which doesn't take Iran's involvement into account is pointless, futile.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You could try it mon ami, your opinion, your words, I'll read it and respond. I'm not responding to slogans and pictures.

It does strike me yet again, even after 40 posts on this thread, the basic problem has not been addressed, not even mentioned. If Israel and the Palestinians are going to co-exist, it's self-evident that there will have to be some sort of agreement between them. While Hamas are funded from, and take their instructions, from Iran, which has the stated aim of wiping Israel off the face of the earth, there cannot, and will not, be any rapprochement or agreement.

And yet I see no mention of Iran anywhere on this thread, and any discussion on this topic which doesn't take Iran's involvement into account is pointless, futile.
    The input of Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, the US and France are of extreme importance too mon ami, I suggest this post is mainly about anti-Semitism, apartheid in Israel and the plight of the dispossessed Palestinians on the West Bank. Iran can wait for another day.

Attachment 23429

( BT ). Many years ago, after I finished working in Germany I met some lads from Bingley on the Italian/Trieste border, they were heading to India, travelling in a van with ''Elmer'' written on the side, it must have been some disco. I told them I could help them on the way, as I spoke 'Deutsch,' They made it only to Istanbul, I think they had spent too much 'boozing along the way, it was there we parted ways. I continued and made it all the length of Turkey by 'hitch hiking' and reached the Syrian border, But since the Syrians claimed Britain had helped the Israelis in the 6 day war. I could not get any further. I could not pass through Syria. I thought I could make it overland to Israel. Another hardship at that time, was in the southern port of Iskenderun, no boats were leaving for Cypress. Just as in that area of the world there was now no Greek / Turkish relationship. Which meant I had to go back to Istanbul? To Istanbul I think its like 20 hours by car? I was ok I had a note of 250 Danish Kroner on me, I kept it in my shoe. But back to Istanbul??? While walking on the way back into Turkey, what seemed like an endless forest, some American passed me in this small Fiat, he stopped, asking me where I was heading? He lived in Ankara ,and knew Turkey well, I said eventually to Israel, he suggested to me to take a flight to Cypress from some Turkish port and took me a little out of his way, all helps! Reaching some airport and now having a flight to Cypress I decided to throw all the Turkish Lira and buy a really good meal. But I forgot on leaving, you have to pay Airport tax! Oh! dear. But luckily I had all sorts of currency left over on me, which I could trade to some American service man, and Bingo I had what I wanted, that Airport Tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    ( BT ). Many years ago, after I finished working in Germany I met some lads from Bingley on the Italian/Trieste border, they were heading to India, travelling in a van with ''Elmer'' written on the side, it must have been some disco. I told them I could help them on the way, as I spoke 'Deutsch,' They made it only to Istanbul, I think they had spent too much 'boozing along the way, it was there we parted ways. I continued and made it all the length of Turkey by 'hitch hiking' and reached the Syrian border, But since the Syrians claimed Britain had helped the Israelis in the 6 day war. I could not get any further. I could not pass through Syria. I thought I could make it overland to Israel. Another hardship at that time, was in the southern port of Iskenderun, no boats were leaving for Cypress. Just as in that area of the world there was now no Greek / Turkish relationship. Which meant I had to go back to Istanbul? To Istanbul I think its like 20 hours by car? I was ok I had a note of 250 Danish Kroner on me, I kept it in my shoe. But back to Istanbul??? While walking on the way back into Turkey, what seemed like an endless forest, some American passed me in this small Fiat, he stopped, asking me where I was heading? He lived in Ankara ,and knew Turkey well, I said eventually to Israel, he suggested to me to take a flight to Cypress from some Turkish port and took me a little out of his way, all helps! Reaching some airport and now having a flight to Cypress I decided to throw all the Turkish Lira and buy a really good meal. But I forgot on leaving, you have to pay Airport tax! Oh! dear. But luckily I had all sorts of currency left over on me, which I could trade to some American service man, and Bingo I had what I wanted, that Airport Tax.
    Resilient lads from Rishton Balan.

I suggest this post is mainly about anti-Semitism, apartheid in Israel and the plight of the dispossessed Palestinians on the West Bank. Iran can wait for another day.

Attachment 23429
    As I put the thread up, I know exactly what it was intended to be about, which is Anti-Semitism rearing it's ugly head in the Labour Party again. But as all threads on here seem to do, it grew like Topsy.

As I put the thread up, I know exactly what it was intended to be about, which is Anti-Semitism rearing it's ugly head in the Labour Party again. But as all threads on here seem to do, it grew like Topsy.
    Here's a newsflash for you from Israel about them attacking the sovereign state of Iran...

https://www.israelunwired.com/how-di...m_medium=email

Here's a newsflash for you from Israel about them attacking the sovereign state of Iran...

https://www.israelunwired.com/how-di...m_medium=email
    Strangely, the attack on the drone factory in the Islamic Republic of Iran, to give it it's correct title, has gone unreported in the UK medis, I tend to skim through the websites of the BBC, Telegraph and Grauniad daily but this is news to me. I wonder why the shooting down of a balloon by the USAF is headline news while the shooting up of an Iranian drone factory by Mossad is ignored ? Who knows whose tune our MSM dances to these days.

I wonder if this attack is in response to Ukrainian appeals to Israel for assitance, they can always claim it's a form of self defence, as the drones could also be used against them, so killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Strangely, the attack on the drone factory in the Islamic Republic of Iran, to give it it's correct title, has gone unreported in the UK medis, I tend to skim through the websites of the BBC, Telegraph and Grauniad daily but this is news to me. I wonder why the shooting down of a balloon by the USAF is headline news while the shooting up of an Iranian drone factory by Mossad is ignored ? Who knows whose tune our MSM dances to these days.

I wonder if this attack is in response to Ukrainian appeals to Israel for assitance, they can always claim it's a form of self defence, as the drones could also be used against them, so killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.
    The report implies that Israel's allies inside Iran more or less give Mossad an unlimited highway into Tehran.

I'm all for defending your borders but are Iran and Israel officially at war?

This is the BBC report
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64460139

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I'm not at all sure it would be in Iran's best interests to attempt to attack Israel with conventional weapons.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)