+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wrexham tonight...and previously!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie-Wotsit View Post
    R&R really enjoying the ride too...��

Attachment 23587
    Seems he's aged a little since buying into the Wrexham dream!

Name:  330px-Rob_McElhenney_(2016_crop).jpg
Views: 876
Size:  25.7 KB

A couple of precedents to consider....

In the 3rd Division in 1989/90, Notts finished 18 points above Bolton and 7 points above Tranmere, who were the two teams we met in the playoffs. Apart from conceding an early goal in the 1st leg semifinal at Bolton, we won that playoff relatively comfortably (yes I recall it was exciting but I don’t think we were ever in serious danger of losing any of the matches). So on that occasion the best side deservedly won.

The other side of the coin was Wrexham last season - losing out to Grimsby despite having finished with 11 points more. Something of a freak score line (4-5).

Just two conflicting examples in what could happen to whoever finishes second.

Personally I’m hoping that both of us make it and go on to fight it out for a second promotion next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie-Wotsit View Post
    That's me and durham in the Pavis.

I'm the one with the forced smile.

Have just seen the second penalty now and again Mullinpen makes the most of it by leaving a trailing leg out. The ball from his initial touch was running away from goal so no chance of a scoring opportunity missed, incredibly soft. How sweet would it be to see Mullinpen sent off for diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Have just seen the second penalty now and again Mullinpen makes the most of it by leaving a trailing leg out. The ball from his initial touch was running away from goal so no chance of a scoring opportunity missed, incredibly soft. How sweet would it be to see Mullinpen sent off for diving.
    I noticed that, he hung back on that trailing leg awaiting the contact as he knew he was too forward. The guy's a pro at it by the looks of it and the picture of the strewberry jam under a plaster was comical

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I noticed that, he hung back on that trailing leg awaiting the contact as he knew he was too forward. The guy's a pro at it by the looks of it and the picture of the strewberry jam under a plaster was comical
    https://fanbanter.co.uk/paul-mullin-...at-s****horpe/

Scientists have proved that Paul Mullin doesn't dive. Instead, they've discoverd he suffers from a rare condition which affects his balance whenever he enters a place called the penalty area. What's puzzling them is why it always changes ends at half time.

I like how I had to fill in the 4 missing letters for the link to work, rather apt

That's the pic, not very believable is it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123