+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keir Starmer

Keir Starmer

Just caught a bit of his speech introducing his '5 Missions For A Better Britain' there.

Saying his shadow cabinet will be supporting him (and I quote) 'meeting with experts, if we still believe in them'.

A dig at the disastrous handling of Covid as driven by the experts / scientists?

We have a long history on this forum of discussing views that often rely on expert knowledge. Ferries to Islay is a rare example of an expert actually knowing what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    We have a long history on this forum of discussing views that often rely on expert knowledge. Ferries to Islay is a rare example of an expert actually knowing what he is talking about.
    Wow, I expect every thread on this board to get turned to the same subject eventually but for someone completely different to do it in the first reply? That's just got to be some kind of record.

Do you think Keir Starmer was having a dig at the disastrous handling of Covid as driven by the experts / scientists or not though?

Very sorry Deeranged. Mea culpa. The thought popped into my head and it made me smile!

I don't think Starmer was being wholly serious when he made the comment and he might, possibly even will regret his pop at experts.
    Just listened to an expert today at a lunch meeting talking about melting glaciers. Everything he said was straight statements of fact. I think you do need experts to give you facts, it's how you use them or interpret them that causes all the debate.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)